Next Tab Not Working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
keenan

Next Tab Not Working

Post by keenan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:01 am

Hello,

Here is my macro:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=ID:ReturnCategory CONTENT=%Cancelled
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:SavePage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:No<SP>Longer<SP>on<SP>Client<SP>List
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO ATTR=ID:CancelledReasonId_dialog_12
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Continue
WAIT SECONDS = 1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:controlCentreMessage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:NewMessage
WAIT SECONDS = 2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=ID:StandardDraft CONTENT=%10319
WAIT SECONDS = 2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=*
WAIT SECONDS = 1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:RefreshPage
WAIT SECONDS = 4
TAB T=2
It does the first tab ok, then the second tab but at the end of the second tab cycle it just stops and won't move to tab 3.

FCI:

iMacros for FF v10.0.2 (Free), FF68_x64, Win10-Pro_x64.
Last edited by keenan on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
thecoder2012

Re: Next Tab Not Working

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:41 pm

keenan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:01 am
It does the first tab ok, then the second tab but at the end of the second tab cycle it just stops and won't move to tab 3.
Stop with errormessage? Details? Where is your tab 3 in your imacros example!? System/Browser/imacros version and full example with url (or htmlcode) required for more help.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
keenan

Post by keenan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:41 pm
keenan wrote:
Stop with errormessage? Details? Where is your tab 3 in your imacros example!? System/Browser/imacros version and full example with url (or htmlcode) required for more help.
RuntimeError: element SPAN specified by TXT:Continue was not found, line: 6 (it's running this on the tab it just finished, it would find Continue on the next tab if it cycled through properly)
I have 20 tabs open, same page different info and just want the script to run on each tab
No tab 3 as i thought tab 2 / T=2 just went to the next tab naturally
win 10/firefox

It just looks like that once it gets to the second tab it's unable to cycle through the the rest of them / tab 3

I have a code with tab 3, tab 4, ect but 50 lines minimum i can't run it on 5+ tabs I'd rather 1 script with a loop that went to the next tab
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:10 pm

keenan wrote:
Hello,

Here is my macro:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=ID:ReturnCategory CONTENT=%Cancelled
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:SavePage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:No<SP>Longer<SP>on<SP>Client<SP>List
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO ATTR=ID:CancelledReasonId_dialog_12
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Continue
WAIT SECONDS = 1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:controlCentreMessage
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:NewMessage
WAIT SECONDS = 2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=ID:StandardDraft CONTENT=%10319
WAIT SECONDS = 2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form0 ATTR=*
WAIT SECONDS = 1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:RefreshPage
WAIT SECONDS = 4
TAB T=2

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig... and the Forum Rules...)

And "try" to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, this one has very probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, especially if you don't even mention your FCI...!! :roll:
(But no need to duplicate now...! (Thread can be moved later...))

>>>
thecoder2012 wrote:
keenan wrote:

Yep, logical Behaviour they encounter, I think, but I'll only "elaborate" once they mention their FCI...! :wink:

>>>
keenan wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm
thecoder2012 wrote:
keenan wrote:
RuntimeError: element SPAN specified by TXT:Continue was not found, line: 6 (it's running this on the tab it just finished, it would find Continue on the next tab if it cycled through properly)
I have 20 tabs open, same page different info and just want the script to run on each tab
No tab 3 as i thought tab 2 / T=2 just went to the next tab naturally
win 10/firefox

It just looks like that once it gets to the second tab it's unable to cycle through the the rest of them / tab 3

I have a code with tab 3, tab 4, ect but 50 lines minimum i can't run it on 5+ tabs I'd rather 1 script with a loop that went to the next tab

OK, this one I will read @OP once you'll have mentioned your FCI, like @thecoder2012 asked you...!, Dumbo, ah-ah...! :roll:
=> Post it at the complete beginning op your OP in this Thread and post a mini-Update for me to have a look again... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
techimac

Post by techimac » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Add

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

at top of code
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:31 am

techimac wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:46 pm
Add

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

at top of code

Ah-ah...! :shock:
=> Nope, won't make a Difference, => Won't work...! :roll:

=> @OP: @techimac is a very "semi-semi"-Advanced User (used to be a "Semi-Advanced-User", just got "downgraded to "Semi_x2", ah-ah...!... (both = my Rankings...!)), they advertize themselves as an "Advanced" User, but keep asking fairly "stupid" and low Quality/Beginners Qt's themselves on the Forum since they joined, (while they are "supposed" to be "working" as a "Professional" iMacros Script Writer, oh jeez-yeah, poor deers!! :shock: ),
=> @OP, you can better trust me or @thecoder, if you are hoping for a Solution, ah-ah...! :wink:
(We are both very much-much more "Advanced" than User @techimac..., just saying... :| )

+ @techimac, please refrain from posting "false" Solutions... :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
keenan

Post by keenan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:51 am

Hi chivracq,

Apologies for this.

iMacro Version

Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

FireFox Version:
68.0.2esr (32-bit)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 am

keenan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:51 am
Hi chivracq,

Apologies for this.

iMacro Version

Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

FireFox Version:
68.0.2esr (32-bit)

OK, => FCI:

iMacros for FF v10.0.2, FF68_x64, Win10-Pro_x64.
I/we (+@thecoder) only miss 'Free'/'PE' about your v10.0.2 Version...?

Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
keenan

Post by keenan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 am

techimac wrote:
Add

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

at top of code
I tried but no luck... for some reason iMarcro won't move tabs and it will just stay on tab 2... even if I try the macro on tab 9 and then it runs it on tab 10 it won't move to tab 11, just stays on 10
keenan

Post by keenan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 am
keenan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:51 am
Hi chivracq,

Apologies for this.

iMacro Version

Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

FireFox Version:
68.0.2esr (32-bit)

OK, => FCI:

iMacros for FF v10.0.2, FF68_x64, Win10-Pro_x64.
I/we (+@thecoder) only miss 'Free'/'PE' about your v10.0.2 Version...?

Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink:
Thanks, I have added to original post and will remember for next time.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:00 am

keenan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:54 am
techimac wrote:
Add

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

at top of code
I tried but no luck... for some reason iMarcro won't move tabs and it will just stay on tab 2... even if I try the macro on tab 9 and then it runs it on tab 10 it won't move to tab 11, just stays on 10

Yeah, but don't react, @techimac is a bit of a "fake" "Semi-x2-Advanced User"... :roll:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:03 am

keenan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 am

Yep, but I still see no Mention about 'Free' or 'PE'...?

Perfect in your OP, and as you'll "need" to edit/update it (again), preferably at the very-top op your OP...? 8)
keenan

Post by keenan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:03 am
keenan wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 am

Yep, but I still see no Mention about 'Free' or 'PE'...?

Perfect in your OP, and as you'll "need" to edit/update it (again), preferably at the very-top op your OP...? 8)
Ok done, I have put Free!
techimac

Post by techimac » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:35 am

not a fan of version 10
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:40 am

But OK, 'Free'/'PE' won't make a Difference in Behaviour between those 2 'Free'/'PE' "Versions"..., concerning the 'TAB' Command, so I can already start giving you a "proper" Answer, you are reacting "very cooperatively" @OP, ah-ah...! :D

Then, yep, I guess you deliberately removed the "TAB T=1" that got recorded, thinking that when starting a Macro on some TAB and doing some "TAB T=2" a bit later on in your Script, + looping your Script that 'TAB_2' would then become 'TAB_1', to then switch to 'TAB_3' and 'TAB_4' etc..., but hum..., nope apparently...!! I know-I know, that was also the Behaviour I would have expected...!!

But no-no, even if you don't specify some "explicit" "TAB T=1" at the beginning your Script, or comment it out as it automatically gets recorded, iMacros still records and remembers that first TAB as being 'TAB_1'.
That's by Design, I guess, and probably needed for other possible TAB Commands like a "TAB OPEN" / "TAB CLOSE", and Web-Pages can open and close Tab-Pages from simply clicking on a Link, and iMacros won't know about it, so they really need a "Way" to "hard-code" on which "real" Tab they are starting the Macro...
(Tab Control for the Browser or for Add-ons is a bit "more powerful" than from a Web-Page, they have "Access" to some "more powerful" JS, only available to Add-ons..., but iMacros is not using it fully-fully...)

=> So OK, your "TAB T=2" at the end your Script manages to switch your Script to run again 1 Tab further, but that stops at Loop=3 because then "TAB T=2" will keep coming to the "real" 'TAB_2' in your open Tabs...

=> The Solution will be to use and compute a Var based on '!LOOP' to use for "TAB T={{!LOOP}}"... (I would think...) :idea:

And if you need in the same Run/Loop to do "Things" also on 'TAB_2' (Relative from 'TAB_1'), then you can compute your own Var based on the raw '!LOOP' for "{{!LOOP}}" for 'TAB_1' and "{{!LOOP}}+1" for 'TAB_2'... (=> Using 'EVAL()' or 'ADD'..., 'ADD' is a very "basic" Command, but can very probably "do the job" in this Case, I would think... 8) )

[DJ-ing in some Cafe and just moved to some Private (After-) Party where I'm still DJ-ing, while still checking and answering the Forum from time to time..., I'll check for Typos "tomorrow", ah-ah...! :wink: ]