Macro to close tab 2 only if it is opened otherwise do not closed tabs

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
provoquestosito

Macro to close tab 2 only if it is opened otherwise do not closed tabs

Post by provoquestosito » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi

I use firefox 56 with imacros 8.9.7 and windows 7 32 bit

I search a solution to close tab 2 only when it is opened otherwise do not close others tabs

I use this code but it close tab 1 when tab 2 is not opened

TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE

The tab 2 will be open from a popup sometimes and i can not know when it is opened.

What solution i can use to close tab 2 only it is opened otherwise do not closed others tabs ?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Macro to close tab 2 only if it is opened otherwise do not closed tabs

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:19 am

provoquestosito wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:03 pm
Hi

I use

Code: Select all

firefox 56 with imacros 8.9.7 and windows 7 32 bit
I search a solution to close tab 2 only when it is opened otherwise do not close others tabs

I use this code but it close tab 1 when tab 2 is not opened

TAB T=2
TAB CLOSE 
The tab 2 will be open from a popup sometimes and i can not know when it is opened.

What solution i can use to close tab 2 only it is opened otherwise do not closed others tabs ?

Thanks

Hum, Thread has nothing specific to FF only, will be probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum...

But, tja..., like I mentioned and just posted in your previous Thread that had been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for 2 months:
Sorry, but when I help you (or any User on the Forum) and do some "Thinking" for a Thread and especially if I write a Script for the User, I expect a mini-bit of Follow-up..., and not 2 months later because you/they need some Help again... :cry:
=> You can bump this one in about 2 months if you didn't find the/a Solution in the meantime (and shared it if you did)... :idea:

Takes me less than 1 sec to find 1 Solution I know will work for sure, (already posted actually, hence the "less than 1 sec", ah-ah...!), and maybe 3 with 10 more sec Thinking..., hum, 2 for sure (+10 sec)... 8)
You've been using iMacros for nearly 10 years, your Scenario should be fairly trivial to solve for you, I would think... :o

>>>
(already posted actually, hence the "less than 1 sec", ah-ah...!)
Euh, well, I have a very good Memory about when I do some "Thinking"/Analysis about a Thread/Case/Situation, I simply start "analyzing" the "Situation" like it is completely new, and I apparently did the exact same Thinking "previously", following the exact same Path, (can be 20-40 years ago), but my Brain just remembers it, and I can simply "surf" on that previous Thinking, while still sometimes finding some "better" Fork/Splitting Solutions at some Stage, either due to some (Tech) Knowledge I didn't have the previous time, or maybe the "Technology" changed/evolved in that time... 8)

Give me 3 Words, 3 Numbers, 3 Colours, 3 Sounds, 3 Ingredients, I will always first think of "combining" them in the same way, but then I know I already did/used that Combination, then I can start "thinking" until I find "stg" deliberately different, this is how (my) Creativity works... (I'm an Artist and DJ IRL actually, iMacros is just a "Hobby", but iMacros goes very well with "Creative" People, ah-ah...! :wink: )

And I know I've posted it because I've referred/linked to it several times already on the Forum in several of my Answers... :idea:
=> Me being "nice"...! :roll: : Search the Forum for "conditional+close"..., grrr..., Screugneugneu...!! The rest is trivial... And post the/your Solution... :!:

>>>

Oh...!, and +1 Sol, also already posted... And this one doesn't require any "Conditional Condition", sounds ueber-pleonasmic, but who cares, ah-ah...!
Might actually be the simplest Way... 8) [2 Lines, 25 Chars in Total...! :twisted: ]
And although I've already posted/mentioned it, I never think about it "directly", because it uses one Command that I never use myself... :P
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi

Now I use little imacros because it is incompatible with quantum firefox differently work with kantu Selenium Ide which has a different logic for this I do not follow very often imacros that in the past was great but now it is an old software.

With kantu selenium ide I have all the commands available and anything difficult with imacros you can easily accomplish with selenium that's why they do not respond quickly here because I use little imacros. So I continue to use imacros on old browsers and therefore I follow little the forum of imacros.

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:29 pm
Hi

Now I use little imacros because it is incompatible with quantum firefox differently work with kantu Selenium Ide which has a different logic for this I do not follow very often imacros that in the past was great but now it is an old software.

With kantu selenium ide I have all the commands available and anything difficult with imacros you can easily accomplish with selenium that's why they do not respond quickly here because I use little imacros. So I continue to use imacros on old browsers and therefore I follow little the forum of imacros.

Thanks

Yeah well..., using iMacros a lot or not is not "relevant"... If you open a Thread on a Forum asking for Help, and sbd will take the time to answer (and even write a Script for you), you are expected to follow up, and not 2 months later... But OK, never mind...

So, did you find a Sol, based on the Syntax I once posted in some Thread and that can be used for a Conditional 'CLOSE'...? + A Check on '!URLCURRENT' from both TAB's for your Condition...

But like I mentioned, the Functionality you want is actually already built in iMacros already... Simply use:

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
If there was no TAB_2, the 'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS' won't do anything... 8)

And yep, I had had a look at 'Kantu', very powerful indeed, but I didn't "like" the Syntax that I find cumbersome, with every single Command/Line in iMacros requiring 5 Lines in 'Kantu'... Several of my Scripts (that I use daily) are 10,000(+) Lines long in iMacros already, that would give 50,000 Lines in 'Kantu', oops...! And everything in 'Kantu' is in 'XPATH', I don't like 'XPATH'/'REGEX'...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 pm

HI @chivracq

I searched in the imacros from Conditional CLOSE but i do not find a solution to adapt in my case.

Your idea to use

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
for my case is perfect, it's simple and do the essential that I need.

Kantu is very similar imacros, but can automate web and not web, i automate the desktop too, i click icons and submenu in browser, these function are not available in imacros.

Kantu have a powerfull image recognition to automate every software, app, desktop, browser, kantu can automate all.

All the functions in imacros are available in Kantu so if you search well you can do anything that imacros does and you have many more commands to work even better.

Imacros can automatate 99% of browser work.

If you look the manual kantu have a syntax similar imacros, example

Imacros close tab 1
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE

Kantu close tab 1
selectWindow tab=1
selectWindow tab=close

Imacros use 1 row for every command, kantu use 3 rows but have more commands (if, while, loop, check) and have more features free (ocr, desktop automation, recognizing via images, web automation).

I love imacros but today it is too old and inadequate to work even because it is not compatible with quantum firefox.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:45 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 pm
Kantu is very similar imacros, but can automate web and not web, i automate the desktop too, i click icons and submenu in browser, these function are not available in imacros.
You have not used the powerful addon system in iMacros with Javascript? It was not official planned in iMacros. Best function ever.
Easier in Kantu but not faster or always better. Direct calls are often faster. :wink:
provoquestosito wrote:
Kantu have a powerfull image recognition to automate every software, app, desktop, browser, kantu can automate all.
Yes this is really better (without javascript) und always faster (native XModules). And it's open source but not in all commands or modules (e.g. OCR).
provoquestosito wrote:
Imacros can automatate 99% of browser work.
And more. I have already used OCR/recognizing via image in iMacros with Javascript without online services. It's in my old funcaptcha example. :)
provoquestosito wrote:
If you look the manual kantu have a syntax similar imacros, example
Imacros close tab 1
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE

Kantu close tab 1
selectWindow tab=1
selectWindow tab=close
Wiki iMacros vs Kantu required. :lol:
provoquestosito wrote:
...and have more features free (ocr, desktop automation, recognizing via images, web automation).
As built-in features without Javascript, yes. Otherwise it's more like no. Powershell is very powerful under Windows with iMacros and Javascript.
chivracq wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm
And yep, I had had a look at 'Kantu', very powerful indeed
Desktop automation without extern tool is helpful and sometimes little easier commands (e.g. OCR but CLOUDSERVICE!)
But storeval, executescript, WTF? No multiple javascript lines? It's more like Javascript with URL GOTO or limited EVAL command in iMacros, no thanks.
chivracq wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm
, but I didn't "like" the Syntax that I find cumbersome, with every single Command/Line in iMacros requiring 5 Lines in 'Kantu'... Several of my Scripts (that I use daily) are 10,000(+) Lines long in iMacros already, that would give 50,000 Lines in 'Kantu', oops...! And everything in 'Kantu' is in 'XPATH', I don't like 'XPATH'/'REGEX'...
I think workarounds are no problem with StoreEval or executescript in Kantu and you can check this Page. Converterscript is not a bad idea in my eyes for the (near) future because WebExtension is too new without much functions and newest iMacros without iMacros Enterprise Edition is not helpful enough in my eyes.
provoquestosito wrote:
Old software? Hm. I think not. Firefox legacy is old, yes but nothing else. Better software is always nice but Kantu is only one option, not in all functions better.

Quantum firefox developer choices was very bad at the moment since months. Votes for new functions in Webextenion, really shit. See the Tab Mix Plus thread. Webextension is very new without much functions but I think it's better in a few years and I hope.
provoquestosito wrote:
With kantu selenium ide I have all the commands available ...
ALL commands? No proxy command without workarounds. See Kantu support Proxy And Socks?
And I see no JavaScript interface included because iMacros can using the very powerful addon system.
But nice is sendkeys (target, text) and type (target, text) for newer browsers but XModules (native software) required, not good.
provoquestosito wrote:
... and anything difficult with imacros you can easily accomplish with selenium that's why they do not respond quickly here because I use little imacros.
And forum notification is not good enough for you? Forum notification is not perfect but helpful.
provoquestosito wrote:
So I continue to use imacros on old browsers and therefore I follow little the forum of imacros.
Old browsers? Use better updated browsers like Basilisk Browser or without few things is Pale Moon okay. Or use waterfox as legacy firefox based browser.
Last edited by thecoder2012 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Hum..., yep indeed, I wanted to post a (long) Reply, but @thecoder2012 already did "the Job" for me, ah-ah...! I (would have) had the same Reaction/Reply for all parts in his Reply (... well, except the parts I'm not too familiar with, like 'XModules'/'OCR'/'Proxy'...)... 8)

But I will "a bit soon" give 'Kantu' "another Try", was more than 1 year ago for myself that I plaid with it a bit, it was still a very early Version and I quickly got a bit "irritated" by the too many Bugs I would notice on nearly every Click, and like I said, I didn't like the Syntax that it uses, so I fairly quickly "gave up"... But hopefully 1 year later, I hope maybe it has "matured" a little bit..., and I'd like to make my own Opinion about it (again)... :wink:

>>>

It's a bit True though, that there is no Evolution anymore since several years in iMacros for FF... I still use v8.8.2 for my own Prod Env., absolutely no New Functionality was added since that Version, or only a few "cosmetic" ones, and none from my List of EnhReqs... :roll:

Could/Would be nice btw @thecoder2012 if you wanted to post "once" in that Thread, I'm "alone" trying to get some EnhReqs implemented in iMacros (mostly for FF, but I try to remain a bit "Objective" in that Thread and to include/cover all Browsers), and I've not been very "successful" so far, ah-ah...! The more "Activity" in that Thread, and not coming only from me, the better I would think..., and you probably also have "a few good Ideas" for a few other EnhReqs... :idea:

Or maybe "we" need to start thinking "seriously" about forking v8.9.7 for FF and continue further developing it, as if any EnhReqs were ever/even implemented by @Dev, they would only come in some next v10.0.x for FF Version (or (only) for the other Browsers) which I wouldn't use anyway... :twisted:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello

I use the new quantum firefox both for security reasons and because all new extensions only work on quantum firefox so working on the old firefox today is impossible because you can't use the many powerful new extensions and they are exceptional. With kantu I managed to convert all my old macros of imacros so there is nothing that can not be done indeed when I need to command the pc with Kantu. Proxy support is created with kantu desktop automation so it's already fixed, not even imacros supports socks instead with kantu I can use proxy and socks with desktop automation. for me it was essential to be able to continue using the new firefox addons compatible only with quantum so having to work with the old firefox was a problem.

To date the automations that can be done with the imacros have all managed to achieve even with Kantu. There are also cases where with imacros an automation does not work but kantu automates the same thing well because with xpath you have numerous variants to intercept even the most difficult elements. For example imacros is scarce to automate youtube while kantu is much more powerful also if you need can automate anything else including programs, desktops, addons
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:01 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:54 pm
... and because all new extensions only work on quantum firefox so working on the old firefox today is impossible because you can't use the many powerful new extensions and they are exceptional.
Which powerful new extensions?
Waterfax v56 can handle iMacros (e.g. 8.9.7) AND Kantu. Your quantum firefox has lost, really but not in the very long future.

See for legacy addons and archived sites: https://www.waterfox.net/addons/
Waterfox is special in this case. Most new extensions are possible and legacy addons. The future is unknown but I expect a really good modern browser (e.g. Waterfox 68a1 is not bad as alpha test with both ways in the future).
provoquestosito wrote:
With kantu I managed to convert all my old macros of imacros so there is nothing that can not be done indeed when I need to command the pc with Kantu.
Okay you have used only one system and not 2-3 for your scripts. I have no choice because my users are using Windows, Mac and Linux. Desktop automation is not really helpful in this case for me.
provoquestosito wrote:
Proxy support is created with kantu desktop automation so it's already fixed, not even imacros supports socks instead with kantu I can use proxy and socks with desktop automation.
Workarounds like Desktop automation is not fast enough for a very fast and good proxy support. And all new proxy addons are bad because the Webextension API is not good. Few scripts are impossible with Kantu or quantum firefox in my tests.
provoquestosito wrote:
for me it was essential to be able to continue using the new firefox addons compatible only with quantum so having to work with the old firefox was a problem.
Which addons are better in firefox quantum?
See Comparison_with_XUL_XPCOM_extensions
provoquestosito wrote:
To date the automations that can be done with the imacros have all managed to achieve even with Kantu.
For your imacros scripts, yes. It's okay and fine but Kantu is not the best software, only an option. I have too much requests for another software (e.g. ubot). All software has advantages and disadvantages.
provoquestosito wrote:
There are also cases where with imacros an automation does not work but kantu automates the same thing well because with xpath you have numerous variants to intercept even the most difficult elements.
You mean the record function? Because you can use xpath in iMacros (with Javascript).
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi @avatarthecoder2012

There are no automations that Can make Imacros and not kantu instead there are automations that can only do Kantu thanks to the special xtype and Xclick commands that work in 100% of sites also flash and html5.

Kantu has all the same commands as Imacros plus numerous others and it seems that it was made by the team of imacros in fact there are many similarities.

Read here the team of imacros collaborated with Kantu here why it practically has all the commands of Imacros and many other new

Read PS here

https://forum.ui.vision/t/kantu-vs-imacros/1549/2

When I had to abandon the Imacros because incompatible with quantum firefox and the thousands of basic addons (without the new addons you do not work, I work with the addons webextension) I found Kantu many similar imacros with many extra commands.

Some difficult and slow things in Imacros with kantu quickly program type dynamic loops that Imacros does not allow to realize.

You simple macro programs and with imacros you can continue but those complex macro program find too limited with imacros that does not even support the thousands of new addons that are fundamental.

I love imacros, i used it form 10 years but it's very poor and limited in 2019, now with Kantu i can automate Flash games, desktop, submenu of browser, i run software, i can all, i can reboot pc with kantu too, there are not limite with Kantu.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:59 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 pm
There are no automations that Can make Imacros and not kantu instead there are automations that can only do Kantu thanks to the special xtype and Xclick commands that work in 100% of sites also flash and html5.
I have already used iMacros v8.9.7 with Javascript and Flash (e.g. solvemedia flash captcha). Without record function because I have enough knowledge in most cases.
provoquestosito wrote:
Kantu has all the same commands as Imacros plus numerous others and it seems that it was made by the team of imacros in fact there are many similarities.
You mean pure IIM built-in commands in iMacros, nothing else in my eyes.
My post is out in your linked thread but your thread was not helpful in my eyes.
provoquestosito wrote:
When I had to abandon the Imacros because incompatible with quantum firefox and the thousands of basic addons (without the new addons you do not work, I work with the addons webextension) I found Kantu many similar imacros with many extra commands.
Which basic addons?
Quantum firefox is really shit at the moment and few addons are impossible.
Waterfox is the best solution in this case and in the near future in my eyes.
provoquestosito wrote:
Some difficult and slow things in Imacros with kantu quickly program type dynamic loops that Imacros does not allow to realize.
You have never used Javacript in iMacros. Javascript in Kantu is limited in my eyes (e.g. no multiple js lines) and same with "URL GOTO" command in iMacros, only storeEval is a little better in Kantu than EVAL in iMacros.
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Kantu javascript is unlimited is wrong write "no multiple js lines" you can add all code in 1 line and working like a charm.

Waterfox is a old generation browser, slow and with low performance, firefox Quantum with addons is very fast and secure.

There are thousands of addons for Firefox quantum excellent.

You create simple macro and you can continue with old browser, but who need advanced macro need a good and modern automation addons like Kantu.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:48 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Kantu javascript is unlimited is wrong write "no multiple js lines" you can add all code in 1 line and working like a charm.
This is not useful in all cases. Changes are impossible if the line is too long. You are crazy or you have never used really programming languages.
provoquestosito wrote:
Waterfox is a old generation browser, slow and with low performance, firefox Quantum with addons is very fast and secure.
Waterfox is both (e.g. future). :wink:

Small ramdisk is very good for all browsers (+ temp dir) because hard disk access is very slow (with ssd nvme) and this is the main reason.
Understand your technology and you have too much speed in all tools, really. :shock:
Except bugs but bugfixes are always thinkable as developer. :)
provoquestosito wrote:
There are thousands of addons for Firefox quantum excellent.
Webextension api is limited yet. I think the long-term future lies in updated tools but you can't know that yet. And few addons are impossible in the latest official firefox (e.g. tab groups, multiple tab lines and more things). But I think the winner is Chrome in the future. :x
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 pm

For my opinion firefox quantum is excellent, the best browser in the world.

I do not find any reason to not use firefox quantum with awesome addons (really awesome look it in mozilla site).

You create old and easy macro and can work with old imacros (deprecated in 2019), I need advanced and modern browser and macro and i need advanced software.

With imacros there are more and more case not automatizable becasue read only simple html.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 pm
For my opinion firefox quantum is excellent, the best browser in the world.
In your opinion und nothing else. Objective view looks different.
provoquestosito wrote:
I do not find any reason to not use firefox quantum with awesome addons (really awesome look it in mozilla site).
No gui changes (except css), limited tab function, protocol handler are limited (redirect/custom protocol handler are coming soon) and more things. Firefox bugtracker is overloaded with addon dev requests. It take years to restore all (addon) features in the official firefox.
provoquestosito wrote:
With imacros there are more and more case not automatizable becasue read only simple html.
This is not truth. Reasons in my previous posts.