Tag not clicking on Div

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Addmizi

Tag not clicking on Div

Post by Addmizi » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:46 pm

----
Last edited by Addmizi on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Tag not clicking on Div

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:44 pm

Addmizi wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:46 pm
I have a script that I want to use to automate signing into a website. The script can find the password field and enter text, and it can find the Log in button but it doesn't click it (I don't get an error saying it couldn't find the element) and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I use Selenium to automate the exact same thing using the exact same target info it works fine.

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://[URL].com/checkin/login
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG SELECTOR=".rn-1oszu61:nth-child(12) path"
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG SELECTOR="*[data-test="password-input"]" CONTENT=REDACTED
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG SELECTOR="*[data-test="login"]"
Info:

iMacros version build=10021450
Windows 10 1903
Firefox 69.0.1

'Free'/'PE' is missing from your FCI...?

Hum..., I tried to have a look at your Site but this is one of those "annoying" Sites, with the whole Content completely generated on-the-fly from JS Scripts, beurk...! I only get a Blank Page in Pale Moon (PM v26.3.3), my Default Browser, even if I can see the Source Code, then OK, it loads a bit correctly in FF55 (v55.0.3), but there I land on a Page where I first need to select a "Setup"...

Your Script is using the 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode from v10.0.2 for FF which was not implemented yet in the v8.9.7 for FF Version of iMacros I'll be using to have a look and do some Testing, so I can't really follow what your Script is doing, or supposed to do, especially this Line:

=> Can you describe the Steps I need to follow...?, or which "Setup" do I need to select before accessing the Login Screen...? :?

Did you also try using the "Standard" 'TAG POS' Mode...?

And if the 'TAG' Mode really doesn't work on this Site (which wouldn't surprise me actually as the 'TAG' Mode often doesn't work very well with those Ajaxy Sites with Content dynamically generated from JS), the 'EVENT' Mode will probably work... :D

BUT...!, the 'EVENT' Mode is not implemented/supported (anymore/yet) on your v10.0.2 for FF Version of iMacros... :oops:
=> Any chance you could try/test using iMacros for CR (v10.0.5 'Free'/'PE', and if you have the 'PE' Version for FF, the same 'FIO'-Module for File Access also works for CR), or iMacros for IE (v12.5 'Free'), where the 'EVENT' Mode is supported in those 2 Browsers/Versions...? :idea:
But maybe you've already tried as you opened your Thread in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum, meaning your Thread is specific to FF only,, but you should mention that..., and in which other FCI's you've already tried/tested... (Or you should have opened your Thread in the 'General' Sub-Forum...) :?

And that might be your "Workaround", as if the 'TAG' Mode really doesn't work with this 'Login' Button, chances are you won't be able to use iMacros for FF v10.0.2 at all then... (Or you'll have to pause your Script to each time click manually on that Button, which might be a bit cumbersome and not very handy, I would think...)

Hum, and "stg" else...: If I'm going to do some Testing using FF55 and iMacros for FF v8.9.7, I'll probably get "quickly" thrown out of that Site as I'll have to click on the Login Button with some "fake" or empty Login and Password, and "they" will be thinking I'm trying to "illegitimately" get Access to or "abuse" their Site... :shock:
Maybe an Idea if you have some "Test" Account or if you can temporarily change your Password for me to do my Testing... (And you can "fake" report my Post if you don't want to share those Credentials on the Forum, I'm the only one who can see your Report (and the Forum Admin), I'm (the only) Mod on this Forum...)
Or is it maybe the "Purpose" already of the 2 "ZZ Test (Self)" and "ZZ Test - Manned (Manned)" "Setups" on the Front Page...?, which then expect a "Setup Password"...?

>>>

EDIT: URL anonymized at @OP's Request... :cry:
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Addmizi

Post by Addmizi » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:18 pm

----
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:21 am

Addmizi wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:18 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Free iMacros.

Yes, the site is definitely an annoying JS-generated site! Unfortunately, it doesn't support anything other than Firefox (as you can tell, it doesn't even work with Pale Moon), so Chrome and IE are out of the picture for me.

The first line of code:

selects the 'setup' of ZZ Test and the next two lines are supposed to enter the password (which I've redacted, obviously) and click log in. I found the Selector data using Selenium IDE because using iMacros record didn't work for me. It didn't record anything, just the URL GOTO line at the beginning and nothing else.

I don't think TAG POS works on this page either if my understanding is correct because tab doesn't work to select elements on the page. Doesn't POS work by selecting the element with that tab stop index?

If you can't think of something simple for me to try then I'll probably just move on. I just thought it was weird that Selenium could simulate clicking the button but iMacros couldn't, so I assumed I must be doing something wrong with my syntax or something like that. I just wanted to get it working in iMacros so I could export the script as a bookmarklet.

Alright, this one works for me, but it needs indeed the 'EVENT' Mode for the "final" Click on the 'LOG IN' Button, like I suspected... The 'TAG' Mode finds the 'DIV'/Button, both with 'R1' and 'R2' and I can it and extract it, but it doesn't actually click on it...

VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://[URL].com/checkin/new

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:ZZ<SP>Test
'TAG POS=19 TYPE=PATH ATTR=D:M11.467<SP>9.867L13.334<SP>8l8<SP>8-8<SP>8-1.867-1.867L17.6<SP>16z&&TXT:
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=PATH ATTR=D:*&&TXT:

SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD ATTR=* CONTENT=asdfgh
'POS=R2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:LOG<SP>IN EXTRACT=HTM
TAG POS=R2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:LOG<SP>IN

'SET !ENCRYPTION NO
'EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#root>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="hjkl"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#root>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV" BUTTON=0
(Tested in iMacros for FF v8.9.7, FF v55.0.3, Win10_x64.)

If you mentioned that this (badly designed) Site doesn't even work either in CR and IE, maybe you can install a parallel Env. with FF v55.0.3 (Portable maybe), + iMacros for FF v8.9.7.
The same v8.9.7 for FF iMacros Version also works with Pale Moon v28, WaterFox v56 and Basilisk which are all Browsers forked on FF that didn't follow the WebExtensions Path...
I am using myself a much older Version of Pale Moon (=> PM26), maybe the Reason why the Site didn't work in PM26, but it could be that it works in one of those 4 "recent" Browsers...

And the 'TAG POS' Mode is not based on the Tab Index which only "applies" to Input Elements + Links + Buttons + RadioButtons + CheckBoxes + DDLB's on the HTML Section in the Browser. But the Tab Index has "deliberately" been disabled for this Button on this Site/Page with a "TabIndex=0" in the Source.
I didn't try "many" Things with that 'LOG IN' Button, for example with hitting 'Enter' after filling in the Password, I only clicked twice on it, once manually to record with the 'EVENT' Mode, and the 2nd time to replay that Script to confirm that the 'EVENT' Mode Statement was working. (I didn't want to trigger "too many" false Login Attempts from my IP Address... :wink: )

>>>

EDIT:
- URL anonymized at @OP's Request... :cry:
- Edited Info/Versions about "WaterFox v51" (=> v56) and removed "CyberFox"...
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Addmizi

Post by Addmizi » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm

-----
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:21 am
If you mentioned that this (badly designed) Site doesn't even work either in CR and IE,
Badly designed or only new webtechnology?
chivracq wrote:
with FF v55.0.3 (Portable maybe), + iMacros for FF v8.9.7.
Really FF v55? It's without security updates important in my opinion and better browsers with updates (e.g. Pale Moon, Basilisk, Waterfox).
chivracq wrote:
The same v8.9.7 for FF iMacros Version also works with Pale Moon v28, WaterFox v51, CyberFox and Basilisk which are all Browsers forked on FF that didn't follow the WebExtensions Path...
CyberFox is gone. :cry:
Why WaterFox v51? Not v56?
Addmizi wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm
Would you be able to either delete this post? I don't want this URL on the public forums. Thanks again!
Why? This URL is public in the internet and you can use your edit button with your own posts.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Addmizi wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Would you be able to either delete this post? I don't want this URL on the public forums. Thanks again!

Hum..., not sure what you mean by "this Post" (but your Report is linked to your 1st Post in this Thread), but I don't agree to delete the whole Thread...
I spent some "Time and Energy" to answer your Thread and to do some Testing for this Thread and the whole Content is "interesting" for the Forum... :shock:

And you could have "mentioned" it directly 4 days ago, when you opened your Thread... :roll:
(Then you have the possibility to "fake" report your Thread to add the URL or some Login & Password for example if you don't want that Info to be publicly visible on the Forum, and I'm the only one who can see your Report... (But I don't always answer all Threads, and you might "miss" the Expertise of some other Advanced Users... :wink: ))

But OK, I've "anonymized" the URL to your Site in the 2 previous Posts of mine where it was mentioned, you can do the same for your OP in this Thread as well... :idea:
Even if that has little "Use" to be honest, as, as soon as a Thread gets opened (or a new Post posted) on our Forum (and all "Top500" or "Top1000" Technical Forums on Internet), it gets indexed IRT by all major Search Engines within Minutes, and even within Seconds often (for 'Google' and 'Bing'), and that Thread has all long already been cached and mirrored on more than 30 Servers worldwide... But OK, that still "helps a bit" though... :|

(And I'll be closing your Report... :wink: )

>>>
thecoder2012 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 pm
chivracq wrote:
If you mentioned that this (badly designed) Site doesn't even work either in CR and IE,
Badly designed or only new webtechnology?
Yeah well, OK maybe for PM26 if you want to call it "new Web-Technology", but the Site doesn't work either in CR and IE, according to @OP (I didn't try myself), then yep...! Badly Designed...!, just like a few years ago, you had many Sites that were (supposedly) only working on IE...!

thecoder2012 wrote:
chivracq wrote:
with FF v55.0.3 (Portable maybe), + iMacros for FF v8.9.7.
Really FF v55? It's without security updates important in my opinion and better browsers with updates (e.g. Pale Moon, Basilisk, Waterfox).
Yeah well, I mention FF55 because "it" works in this Browser... And that's the Reason I also mention the "other" most recent Browsers...

thecoder2012 wrote:
chivracq wrote:
The same v8.9.7 for FF iMacros Version also works with Pale Moon v28, WaterFox v51, CyberFox and Basilisk which are all Browsers forked on FF that didn't follow the WebExtensions Path...
CyberFox is gone. :cry:
Why WaterFox v51? Not v56?
OK, Thanks for that, and yep-yep, I only use PM26 myself, so I wasn't sure about the Versions for the other ones... I had already mentioned a few weeks ago in some other Thread, that I was a bit "wondering" why you didn't mention 'CyberFox' anymore since a while, if you could confirm it was still compatible with v8.9.7 for FF, but you had not reacted then... I've edited my Post...
Do you have a Version for 'Basilisk', btw...?

thecoder2012 wrote:
Addmizi wrote:
Why? This URL is public in the internet and you can use your edit button with your own posts.
Yep indeed, same Opinion here... I've reacted to @OP's Post and Report...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm
I had already mentioned a few weeks ago in some other Thread, that I was a bit "wondering" why you didn't mention 'CyberFox' anymore since a while, if you could confirm it was still compatible with v8.9.7 for FF, but you had not reacted then... I've edited my Post...
I confirm it. CyberFox is compatible with v8.9.7 but the websites and developers are gone. Last update was in the year 2018 (with FF52 ESR as base). I haven't seen your question in the other thread, sorry.
chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm
Do you have a Version for 'Basilisk', btw...?
Basilisk is up to date. :mrgreen:
Version 2019.09.12 (64-Bit)
See http://www.basilisk-browser.org/releasenotes.shtml
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea: