Imacros Firefox loop

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sveve

Imacros Firefox loop

Post by sveve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 am

Hello everyone,

i'm new on this forum.

i need help on a code for imacros firefox.

Version imacros: 10.0.2.1450
Version Firefox: 69.1.1

i created a code for extract a value from a html local page and inserto the value in another web page.

VERSION BUILD=8920312 RECORDER=FX
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !VAR2 1
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:{{!VAR2}} EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=* CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:"operation web site"
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:"operazione sito web"
SET !EXTRACT NULL
WAIT SECONDS=0.5

this code exctract the value in the first field on my local html page then paste it in another web page, but when the code finish and start the new loop the first operaion remains 1.
So the code do this work: copy FIRST value from my local html page -> paste FIRST value in other page and do a operation -> copy SECOND value from my local html page -> paste SECOND value in other page and do a operation (then return to first value instead the third value) copy FIRST value from my local html page -> paste FIRST value in other page and do a operation (only in this moment the code goes to the third value) copy THIRD value from my local html page -> paste THIRD value in other page and do a operation ecc

I need a help to create a code for a continuous loop, first value, second value, third value ecc.

Thank you all very much for the help.
chivracq

Re: Imacros Firefox loop

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:33 pm

sveve wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 am
Hello everyone,

i'm new on this forum.

i need help on a code for imacros firefox.

Code: Select all

Version imacros: 10.0.2.1450
i created a code for extract a value from a html local page and inserto the value in another web page.

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !VAR2 1
TAB T=2
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=0
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT NULL
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
this code exctract the value in the first field on my local html page then paste it in another web page, but when the code finish and start the new loop the first operaion remains 1.
So the code do this work: copy FIRST value from my local html page -> paste FIRST value in other page and do a operation -> copy SECOND value from my local html page -> paste SECOND value in other page and do a operation (then return to first value instead the third value) copy FIRST value from my local html page -> paste FIRST value in other page and do a operation (only in this moment the code goes to the third value) copy THIRD value from my local html page -> paste THIRD value in other page and do a operation ecc

I need a help to create a code for a continuous loop, first value, second value, third value ecc.

Thank you all very much for the help.

Hum..., FCIM for me to have a look... (Read my Sig...)
=> 'Free'/'PE' is missing from your iMacros Version, and you didn't mention your OS...

(And the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum is meant for Threads that are "specific only" to iMacros for FF, meaning they work in some other Browser(s)/Version(s), the 'General' Sub-Forum would have been the "correct" Sub-Forum to open this Thread... (But no need to duplicate now...))
And correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sveve

Post by sveve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi,
Thanks for answer me and sorry for the missing information.

Version iMacros: 10.0.2.1450
Version OS: Windows 7 64bit

Hope you will help me
Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:49 pm

sveve wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:21 pm
Hi,
Thanks for answer me and sorry for the missing information.

Version iMacros: 10.0.2.1450
Version OS: Windows 7 64bit
Hope you will help me
Thanks

Euh..., OK for "Version iMacros: 10.0.2.1450", but 'Free'/'PE' is still missing... :?:
=> Are you using the 'Free' (= 'Freeware') Version?, or are you using the 'PE' (= 'Personal Edition') Version and did you install the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
sveve

Post by sveve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 pm

I use the free version.

Nope, i don't know even what is the FIO module i'm sorry.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 pm

sveve wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:59 pm
I use the free version.

Nope, i don't know even what is the FIO module i'm sorry.

OK, good...!, we finally have your FCI...! :D

Yep, the 'FIO'-Module (= 'File Input/Output') = (Local) 'File-Access' Module is only available in the 'PE' Version...
It also lifts some Limitations in the 'Free' Version concerning the Use of Variables and Looping.

Alright, now I can have a look at your OP (Opening Post) and your Script... :D

>>>

=> OK..., next Step, before I will do any "Thinking", you need to change the Workflow in your Script concerning the TAB-Navigation, as I see you are using a "TAB T=0" which is some kind of an "unsupported" Trick, but is no "Good Practice", and it only "works" for the 'TAB' Command itself, but the 'TAG' Command you then use on that Negative TAB is then useless and doesn't do anything..., at least in my Experience and in all Versions I ever tested..., I never tested in "your" v10.0.2 for FF, but I guess the Behaviour will be the same...

I consider it as a Bug myself, to be honest, but as Negative TAB's are "officially" not supported, then I can't "really" complain..., and "we" have to live with it, ah-ah...! :wink:

=> You first need to adapt your Script to use "TAB T=[1-3]", instead of the "TAB T=[0-2]" you are currently using..., or the part of your Script "doing things" on the 'TAB_0' (or any Negative Nb to use for the 'TAB' Command) will probably do nothing... (And that's possibly already "the Solution" to your Qt...)

And do it "properly"...! Don't just change quickly a few Nb's to "please me", but make sure to test your "new" Script and that the TAB-Navigation then indeed really works like you expect... :idea:

iMacros Scripts always start from a 'TAB_1', and your Script can navigate to some 'TAB_2' / 'TAB_3' whatever (but always on the Right from 'TAB_1'), and come back to 'TAB_1', but the "first" TAB you start your Script from is 'TAB_1'. :!:
And it's "Good Practice" to force iMacros to be aware of it with a "TAB T=1", and maybe some "fake" 'TAG' Statement that won't do anything on that 'TAB_1' before starting to navigate to other TAB's on the Right... :!:
sveve

Post by sveve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:12 pm

ok i modified the code:

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP YES
SET !VAR2 1
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:"site"
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=3
SET !EXTRACT NULL
WAIT SECONDS=0.5

but the problem remain the same, after T=3 the loop restart and it takes the first value before the third.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 pm

sveve wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:12 pm
ok i modified the code:

SET !VAR2 1
TAB T=1
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=2
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAB T=3
SET !EXTRACT NULL
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
but the problem remain the same, after T=3 the loop restart and it takes the first value before the third.

OK, good...! :D
[Notice btw the ]CODE[ Forum Tags to format your Posts/Scripts in a more "readable" way... :idea: ]

I modify now your Script to make it a bit more readable, and easier to understand, and I improve a few "things"...:

'Extract Value_1 from TAB_1 to paste on TAB_2:
SET !VAR2 1
'>
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
TAB T=2

'Extract Value_2 from TAB_1 to paste on TAB_3:
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
'>
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT NULL
WAIT SECONDS=0.5
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
'>
TAB T=3
This script can be a bit further simplified, you don't need to use a Temp-Var to store your Extract if you don't do any Manipulation on it, and the 'WAIT' Statements are probably not needed as you don't have them for the 1st Block...:

'Extract Value_1 from TAB_1 to paste on TAB_2:
SET !VAR2 1
'>
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT NULL
'>
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=* CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}

'Extract Value_2 from TAB_1 to paste on TAB_3:
ADD !VAR2 {{!LOOP}}
'>
TAB T=1
SET !EXTRACT NULL
'>
TAB T=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=* CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}}
So OK, I understand what your Script is doing: Extracting from 'TAB_1' some Value with ID=1,2,etc... and pasting it each Time in 'TAB_2', 'TAB_3', etc...

But stg else has changed between your 1st Script from your OP, and your "new" Script from your last Post:
In your original Script, you were doing 2 Blocks with 2 Clicks per Block on 2 Images with [ATTR=SRC:"operation web site"] x2 for Block_1/'TAB_2' and [ATTR=SRC:"operazione sito web"] x2 for Block_2/'TAB_3', but now you have [ATTR=SRC:"site"] x2 x2 for both Blocks. This is not the same...! :?

You need to be very precise about what remains constant in your Script and what will be changing to know how to loop your Script..., and what part can be looped... :!:

I would think you probably only need 1 Block in your Script, and which can be looped for all 'TAB_1' (Extract) => 'TAB_[2-n]' (Paste), if the Pasting part remains a bit constant, unless you do different things for Even and Uneven TAB's..., which I thought was the Case as you used 2 Blocks in your original Script...
=> Can you "clarify" that part...?

One more thing:
About how many Values (from 'TAB_1') to paste in how many 'TAB_[2-n]' are we talking...?
=> What is the Value of 'n'...? And is it constant...? What is the Range otherwise...?
sveve

Post by sveve » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:54 pm

hello my friend,

don't pay attention if the operation after TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC is different because i wrote it to hide the website where i work only for privacy, but the real operation is the same.

i thought to set a variable for my Extract because it need to increase so i set a loop for that variable, but it work on VAR2 not VAR1 so you are right.

I add the WAIT tag for an eventually low response from the site.

I wrote 2 block and not only one for having more efficiency, so the macro can paste one value in one tab then paste another value in the second tab while the first is loading(the site have a search form and it take long time many times to load)

The best scenario would be have 3 tab in efficiency terms.

So i would a CODE that work: extract value from ID 1 -> paste TAB 1 and does operation -> extract value from ID 2 -> paste TAB 2 and does operation -> extract value from ID 3 -> paste TAB 3 and does operation, THEN continue with ID 4 but using the three tabs from the beginning.

So the value from T=1 are 100 (because i've the free version) that are 100 html text form containing the value i need to use in the TAB 2 ecc, and the total tab are 3.

Thank you for helping me.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 pm

sveve wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:54 pm
hello my friend,

don't pay attention if the operation after TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC is different because i wrote it to hide the website where i work only for privacy, but the real operation is the same.

i thought to set a variable for my Extract because it need to increase so i set a loop for that variable, but it work on VAR2 not VAR1 so you are right.

I add the WAIT tag for an eventually low response from the site.

I wrote 2 block and not only one for having more efficiency, so the macro can paste one value in one tab then paste another value in the second tab while the first is loading(the site have a search form and it take long time many times to load)

The best scenario would be have 3 tab in efficiency terms.

So i would a CODE that work: extract value from ID 1 -> paste TAB 1 and does operation -> extract value from ID 2 -> paste TAB 2 and does operation -> extract value from ID 3 -> paste TAB 3 and does operation, THEN continue with ID 4 but using the three tabs from the beginning.

So the value from T=1 are 100 (because i've the free version) that are 100 html text form containing the value i need to use in the TAB 2 ecc, and the total tab are 3.

Thank you for helping me.

Yeah well, "don't pay attention", well, yep I do, because it changes completely the "Scenario" and the way(s) you may want to implement your Script...

But OK, so that means both Blocks are identical, then the easiest Implementation would be to handle just 1 Block, and loop your Script 100 times indeed, which would already handle 100 TAB's..., by using a Var based on '!LOOP' to handle the "TAB T=n" for the 2nd TAB for the Paste, like you already do for the Value_Nb/ID on 'TAB_1' (that will remain constant with "TAB T=1").

Handling 2 or 3 TAB's per Loop is possible, (and you'll have to stay below the 50-Line Limitation for the 'Free' Version), but you will need to add some 'Nested Loop' "Modulo[2]" or "Modulo[3]", many Threads on the Forum about that Functionality/Technique... :idea:

But 100 TAB's (already Open, if I understand correctly) sounds already like a lot...! :o , "plain" FF cannot handle 100 open Tabs, that's the Reason I use Pale Moon as a Browser myself, and I'm getting a bit "suspicious" now about the "Purpose" of your Script, if you are talking about 100-200-300 TAB's all opened on a same Site... :?
=> Mention the Name of that Site and the (real) "Purpose" of your Script, I want to check the "Nature" of that Site and if your Automation is a bit "Legit"... (for me to help you "more precisely").
And "Privacy" is a BS-Argument, there is No Privacy about Internet and a"Public" Web-Site, that's usually a "fake" Argument nearly always used by Spammers and Game/Vote "Users" who want to beat "the Competition", ah-ah...! :|
sveve

Post by sveve » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Nono i'm sorry, i don't explain my self crearly:
The tab are only THREE, the CODE must work on T=1 then T=2 then T=3 THEN return to T=1 but continue to increase the ID from my html page, 100 tab not for sure, would be too much ahaha.

i'll try to explain better:

I've created a local html page to permit iMacros free version the the value from that page like it was a normal web page.

Here the code of the html page:

<textarea id="1" rows="4" cols="50">76514721474</textarea>
<textarea id="2" rows="4" cols="50">7914732953</textarea>
<textarea id="3" rows="4" cols="50">96612911863</textarea>
<textarea id="4" rows="4" cols="50">9513755174</textarea>
<textarea id="5" rows="4" cols="50">98114720232</textarea>
<textarea id="6" rows="4" cols="50">1012932352</textarea>
<textarea id="7" rows="4" cols="50">9114726951</textarea>
<textarea id="8" rows="4" cols="50">8114271214</textarea>
<textarea id="9" rows="4" cols="50">52214723132</textarea>
<textarea id="10" rows="4" cols="50">8112561673</textarea>
<textarea id="11" rows="4" cols="50">5112942797</textarea>
<textarea id="12" rows="4" cols="50">77413857508</textarea>
<textarea id="13" rows="4" cols="50">8112523721</textarea>
<textarea id="14" rows="4" cols="50">613807609</textarea>
<textarea id="15" rows="4" cols="50">7512910796</textarea>
<textarea id="16" rows="4" cols="50">76514721512</textarea>
<textarea id="17" rows="4" cols="50">76314720238</textarea>
<textarea id="18" rows="4" cols="50">1012906221</textarea>
<textarea id="19" rows="4" cols="50">88114725034</textarea>
<textarea id="20" rows="4" cols="50">33214733138</textarea>
<textarea id="21" rows="4" cols="50">52214738156</textarea>

up to 100 ID
so, the macro copy a vuale contained in ID=1 and past it in another tab, in this tab there is a search form, so the macro put the value from ID=1 (in this case 76514721474) in that search form then pass again in my html page and take the value from ID=2, so ID=1 for TAB=2, ID=2 for TAB=3 THEN ID=3 again for TAB=1 and so on.

I prefer don't mention the site because i use it for my job, the site where i paste the value and search it belong to the company where i work and i don't want any trouble ahaha.

In simple word, in my job i need to open ticket for assistence, but i can't open it if i don't search the value first, so they ask me if where is a more wfficient way to searh many value automatically, the here we are!, no bad purpose my friend :)

Tell me if i was clear this thime, sorry but i'm not so good in english, especially in technical language.

Thank you again.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:55 pm

sveve wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 pm
Nono i'm sorry, i don't explain my self crearly:
The tab are only THREE, the CODE must work on T=1 then T=2 then T=3 THEN return to T=1 but continue to increase the ID from my html page, 100 tab not for sure, would be too much ahaha.

i'll try to explain better:

I've created a local html page to permit iMacros free version the the value from that page like it was a normal web page.

Here the code of the html page:

<textarea id="1" rows="4" cols="50">76514721474</textarea>
<textarea id="2" rows="4" cols="50">7914732953</textarea>
<textarea id="3" rows="4" cols="50">96612911863</textarea>
<textarea id="4" rows="4" cols="50">9513755174</textarea>
<textarea id="5" rows="4" cols="50">98114720232</textarea>
<textarea id="6" rows="4" cols="50">1012932352</textarea>
<textarea id="7" rows="4" cols="50">9114726951</textarea>
<textarea id="8" rows="4" cols="50">8114271214</textarea>
<textarea id="9" rows="4" cols="50">52214723132</textarea>
<textarea id="10" rows="4" cols="50">8112561673</textarea>
<textarea id="11" rows="4" cols="50">5112942797</textarea>
<textarea id="12" rows="4" cols="50">77413857508</textarea>
<textarea id="13" rows="4" cols="50">8112523721</textarea>
<textarea id="14" rows="4" cols="50">613807609</textarea>
<textarea id="15" rows="4" cols="50">7512910796</textarea>
<textarea id="16" rows="4" cols="50">76514721512</textarea>
<textarea id="17" rows="4" cols="50">76314720238</textarea>
<textarea id="18" rows="4" cols="50">1012906221</textarea>
<textarea id="19" rows="4" cols="50">88114725034</textarea>
<textarea id="20" rows="4" cols="50">33214733138</textarea>
<textarea id="21" rows="4" cols="50">52214738156</textarea>
up to 100 ID

so, the macro copy a vuale contained in ID=1 and past it in another tab, in this tab there is a search form, so the macro put the value from ID=1 (in this case 76514721474) in that search form then pass again in my html page and take the value from ID=2, so ID=1 for TAB=2, ID=2 for TAB=3 THEN ID=3 again for TAB=1 and so on.

I prefer don't mention the site because i use it for my job, the site where i paste the value and search it belong to the company where i work and i don't want any trouble ahaha.

In simple word, in my job i need to open ticket for assistence, but i can't open it if i don't search the value first, so they ask me if where is a more wfficient way to searh many value automatically, the here we are!, no bad purpose my friend :)

Tell me if i was clear this thime, sorry but i'm not so good in english, especially in technical language.

Thank you again.

Hum, OK, that explains "a lot", and "legitimize" the Purpose of your Automation... :D
(Sorry, but I, "by ethical Principle", refuse to help for Spam/Games/Votes and Like/Follow/etc on Social Media... (and Users who don't want to post the Name/URL of "their" Site usually always fall into those "Categories"...))

But hum, if it's "for Work" and "for a Company"..., can't your Company pay the $100 for the 'PE' Version...? :o
The 'Free' Version is only meant to be "Free" for Home Users, I thought... Don't worry, I don't really care, I only moderate the Forum (mostly to prevent Spam) and I help Users (as an (Advanced) User), I'm not "affiliated" with "the Company", but you would make "Things" A LOT easier for yourself directly if you could use the 'PE' Version...!! :idea:

And you could also directly use your Input Data from a '.CSV' DataSource instead of having to resort to your "a bit cumbersome" Workaround to use an '.html' File which cannot easily/directly be edited if needed...

But OK, any "way you go", I already gave you "the way" on how to implement your Functionality with 1 Block/Operation at the time, and that's pretty easy, it's the same Principle like you already use to increment your 'ID'...
You need to do that first before eventually adding a 2nd/3rd Block in the same Script... :idea:
sveve

Post by sveve » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Yeah i tried to ask my supervisors that with a premium version would be easier but they said me no, probably they didn't think it would be a nice investment... unfortunetly

Ok, i'm sorry but i think i'm not undertanding the "solution" for my problem, i're telling me that there is a metod to loop the tab T=1 T=2 T=3, T=1 T=2 T=3 ecc while the ID increase "endlessly", WITHOUT use 50 variables? Because if i do with this metod i would create many files to search a huge number of value.

Sorry if i seem an ignorant but i'm doing all this only with insights, logic and information found in the web.
So could you tell me how to do it step by step?

Thank you, and sorry again
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:11 pm

sveve wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm
Yeah i tried to ask my supervisors that with a premium version would be easier but they said me no, probably they didn't think it would be a nice investment... unfortunetly

Ok, i'm sorry but i think i'm not undertanding the "solution" for my problem, i're telling me that there is a metod to loop the tab T=1 T=2 T=3, T=1 T=2 T=3 ecc while the ID increase "endlessly", WITHOUT use 50 variables? Because if i do with this metod i would create many files to search a huge number of value.

Sorry if i seem an ignorant but i'm doing all this only with insights, logic and information found in the web.
So could you tell me how to do it step by step?

Thank you, and sorry again

For 1 Block per Loop, you just need 1 Var for the whole Script, the same one you use already to increment the 'ID'... It's the exact same Principle, dead simple... :wink:

[I'm gone now, have to DJ tonight for a big Event... :twisted: ]