Refresh a page until button is shown

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
msshd

Refresh a page until button is shown

Post by msshd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Mac OS 10.15
Chrome 78
iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5 free version

I have a iMacro record for chrome and all I would like it refresh a link until a button element appear in the page and after that goes to the rest of code. Code is as following.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1005 
 SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 
 SET !ERRORIGNORE YES 
 URL GOTO=My Link 
 TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Order 
 WAIT SECONDS=2 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:firstName CONTENT=John 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:lastName CONTENT=Robinson 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:userName CONTENT=John 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:password CONTENT=123456 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:cellPhoneNo CONTENT=0771555555 

The problem is that I have to play macros many times that button element appear. On the other and I lose time because of the rest of code run. I would like have a macros that refresh page until the button Order appear and when it appear, then click on it and goes to the rest of codes. Is there any solution to doing that?
Last edited by msshd on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Refresh a page until button is shown

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:31 pm

msshd wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Mac OS 10.15 
Chrome 78 
iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5 
I have a iMacro record for chrome and all I would like it refresh a link until a button element appear in the page and after that goes to the rest of code. Code is as following.

VERSION BUILD=1005 
 SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 
 SET !ERRORIGNORE YES 
 URL GOTO=My Link 
 WAIT SECONDS=2 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:lastName CONTENT=Robinson 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:cellPhoneNo CONTENT=0771555555 

The problem is that I have to play macros many times that button element appear. On the other and I lose time because of the rest of code run. I would like have a macros that refresh page until the button Order appear and when it appear, then click on it and goes to the rest of codes. Is there any solution to doing that?

No need to go spamming the Forum as soon as you join...! :shock:
=> Can you delete your Duplicate...? :?:
(Both Threads opened in the "wrong" Sub-Forum btw, nothing specific to 'iMacros for CR' I would think..., unless your Script works in other Browsers but fails only in CR... (Not mentioned...) But no need to open another Duplicate of course...!)

'Free'/'PE' is missing from your FCI... (Even if I already know the Answer...)

>>>

+ Parallel Thread on SOF:
- Refresh a page until button is shown
(FCI not mentioned, No Answers, contradictory Info about FF<vs>CR...)

You'll also need to mention your FCI on SOF, I don't answer/have a look at any of the 2 otherwise, perfectly OK to open parallel Threads on different Tech Forums but you need to maintain them all, and all with the same "Quality"... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
msshd

Post by msshd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 pm

I am too sorry for duplication and I have remove one of it. I post the problem in SOF as well as I need the solution. I do not think I did mistake. It would be nice you answer not coming here and ...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:59 pm

msshd wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 pm
I am too sorry for duplication and I have remove one of it. I post the problem in SOF as well as I need the solution. I do not think I did mistake. It would be nice you answer not coming here and ...

OK, good, Thanks for deleting the Duplicate + mentioning 'Free' in your FCI... (There is no 'PE' Version on MacOS anyway... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
msshd

Post by msshd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:52 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:59 pm
msshd wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 pm

OK, good, Thanks for deleting the Duplicate + mentioning 'Free' in your FCI... (There is no 'PE' Version on MacOS anyway... :wink: )
Now could you please help me on the question?? How can I make a while command that refresh the page until the button appear, after that extenuate the rest of line.
msshd

Post by msshd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 am

One more question How can I manage the macro that after clicking the button at least need 30 seconds to run the last tag. I know the command WAIT SECONDS=30 works but the imacros spend time to run other tags and therefore the time between the first tag and last tag would be more that 30 seconds. I would like the last tag run immediately after 30 seconds of the first one.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 pm

msshd wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:52 am
Now could you please help me on the question?? How can I make a while command that refresh the page until the button appear, after that extenuate the rest of line.

Oh...!, I don't know (yet)..., as I had mostly reacted because of your Duplicate and I still haven't "really" read your Qt as you missed the part about "same Quality on all Forums and mentioning your FCI also on SOF" in my 1st Reply, but last time I checked, it was still missing... And I just checked again now, but nope, it's still missing... :roll:

>>>
msshd wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 am
One more question How can I manage the macro that after clicking the button at least need 30 seconds to run the last tag. I know the command WAIT SECONDS=30 works but the imacros spend time to run other tags and therefore the time between the first tag and last tag would be more that 30 seconds. I would like the last tag run immediately after 30 seconds of the first one.

Hum, OK, interesting Scenario... :D
Yep, you'll need a "Conditional 'WAIT'" then... Several Threads on the Forum already about that "Functionality"... :idea:

I can think of 2 different Implementations..., and maybe another 2 that might be a bit "simpler", depending on "why" you need to wait (exactly) for those 30 Sec, and if and how it is enforced/implemented on that Site... (if some Button/Link becomes Active, and/or if there is a Timer on the Page, etc... Those Cases also already handled in several Threads on the Forum...)

No URL provided, I will only give you some "Generic" Advice anyway..., I won't go into some "if + if + if" Explanation... :|
msshd

Post by msshd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:48 pm

VERSION BUILD=1005 
 SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 
 SET !ERRORIGNORE YES 
 URL GOTO=My Link 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:PhoneNo CONTENT=0771555555 
'the following delay is not perfect as we have some time which lose for above tags
 WAIT SECONDS=30
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=ID:Login
Well I have removed my question from SOF! Regarding my questions, First of all I will click on a button which is a order link. After the page load I have a form which I have to fill out the form and submit it to the server. As the server count the click on the first button and the second one as it does not allow us to submit the form less than 30 seconds! (They thought that if make a delay in these button human also can fill the form and submit it beside the robot!). Indeed if I click on the login button on the second page the server send me automatically to the first page and I have to do all this again and wait for 3 sec. As I mentioned I would like immediately when I got 30 seconds time distance between this two button submit the form to make my order done! I am a beginner in iMacros and do not know how to make this delay in the perfect way. I do not want to use WAIT SECONDS=30 as it is not a exactly and make it more than 30 seconds delay. May I have use !STOPWATCHTIME or STOPWACH something like this commands? Is the following codes works??

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:loginForm ATTR=NAME:PhoneNo CONTENT=0771555555
SET !Var1 {{!STOPWATCHTIME}}
SET !VAR0 30
SET !VAR2 EVAL("var v0='{{!VAR0}}'; var v1='{{!VAR1}}'; var x,y,z; x=parseInt(v0); y=parseInt(v1); z=x-y; z;")
WAIT SECONDS={{!Var2}}
Second problem which I have is that the button in the first page will appear in a specific time I would like to refresh the page until this appear. I do not know how to make a while loop or some things similar to resolve this. In other word I would like the macro run and refresh the page until gets the button order after that goes to the rest of line.

I will be more than happy and appropriated if you could kindly help and make my macro work as I would like!
Last edited by msshd on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Oh...!, I see you are still editing your Post, I'll check again a bit later to reply then... :wink:

But hum, a few "Remarks":
- Deleting your Thread/Qt on SOF is not "the correct Way" to use a Tech Forum, and that's usually a "Show-Killer" for me to (further) help Users..., and that's one of the main Reasons actually why I systematically quote on our Forum when I reply in a Thread...
(=> But OK, fair enough "for this time", I don't think you would have gotten any Answer/Solution on SOF anyway..., I'm also the most active Answerer on SOF, which I do very rarely actually, exactly because of Users like you deleting their Qt's as soon as they get their Answer/working Script... :roll: )

- About "Quoting", you don't "really" need to quote me, unless you are responding to a specific part of my Post, or if several (Advanced) Users were participating in the Thread..., and you certainly don't need to quote yourself again, this doesn't help for "Readability" of the Thread for other Users...
(=> If you can edit your last Reply to improve that part...?)

- Please use "Standard" English on the Forum, you don't need to pretend to speak Fake "Wanna-Wanna-Chicago-Gangsta-Kidda-Streeta-Langua" while your Posts are full of Spelling and Grammar Mistakes... (which is OK, as long as you "do your best" to use "correct" English..., but "wanna-wanna" doesn't qualify for that... :wink: )
(=> Edit needed also...)
msshd

Post by msshd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:45 pm

chivracq wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm
- Please use "Standard" English on the Forum, you don't need to pretend to speak Fake "Wanna-Wanna-Chicago-Gangsta-Kidda-Streeta-Langua" while your Posts are full of Spelling and Grammar Mistakes... (which is OK, as long as you "do your best" to use "correct" English..., but "wanna-wanna" doesn't qualify for that... :wink: )
(=> Edit needed also...)
Corrected as required! Now waiting for help :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 pm

msshd wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:45 pm
Corrected as required! Now waiting for help :D

Okay..., perfect...! Now I can "start" answering your Thread... :D
Even if hum..., the Forum is a bit busy today, and I'm getting "a bit tired", and I haven't done "anything" for myself..., but OK, here we go...! :wink:

Well, I'll first start by quoting your previous Post...:
msshd wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:48 pm

VERSION BUILD=1005 
 SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 
 SET !ERRORIGNORE YES 
 URL GOTO=My Link 
'the following delay is not perfect as we have some time which lose for above tags
 WAIT SECONDS=30
Well I have removed my question from SOF! Regarding my questions, First of all I will click on a button which is a order link. After the page load I have a form which I have to fill out the form and submit it to the server. As the server count the click on the first button and the second one as it does not allow us to submit the form less than 30 seconds! (They thought that if make a delay in these button human also can fill the form and submit it beside the robot!). Indeed if I click on the login button on the second page the server send me automatically to the first page and I have to do all this again and wait for 3 sec. As I mentioned I would like immediately when I got 30 seconds time distance between this two button submit the form to make my order done! I am a beginner in iMacros and do not know how to make this delay in the perfect way. I do not want to use WAIT SECONDS=30 as it is not a exactly and make it more than 30 seconds delay. May I have use !STOPWATCHTIME or STOPWACH something like this commands? Is the following codes works??

SET !Var1 {{!STOPWATCHTIME}}
SET !VAR0 30
SET !VAR2 EVAL("var v0='{{!VAR0}}'; var v1='{{!VAR1}}'; var x,y,z; x=parseInt(v0); y=parseInt(v1); z=x-y; z;")
WAIT SECONDS={{!Var2}}
Second problem which I have is that the button in the first page will appear in a specific time I would like to refresh the page until this appear. I do not know how to make a while loop or some things similar to resolve this. In other word I would like the macro run and refresh the page until gets the button order after that goes to the rest of line.

I will be more than happy and appropriated if you could kindly help and make my macro work as I would like!

Hum, OK, URL not posted, so I "rely" on your Explanations to understand how this Site "behaves", as it dictates how to implement the Functionality that you want in your Script...

So..., if I understood correctly, (you'll need to correct me if I state anything "wrong"), the 5 'INPUT' Fields and the "Login" Button will only appear upon clicking on the "Order" Button/Link.

There is no 'while' Loop in "your" Version of iMacros v10.x for FF/CR, or you would need to use v8.9.7 for FF with a '.js' Script.
So your current Implementation with '!ERRORIGNORE' + '!TIMEOUT_STEP=0' is the correct Way-to-go. :wink:

Then "everything" turns around the 'WAIT'.
If the "Order" Button did not appear, you will want your Script to loop again, after maybe 5 Sec (?) to try again, and if the "Order" Button did appear and the Script has been able to fill in the 5 'INPUT' Fields, you want it to wait "exactly" 30 Sec before clicking on the "Login" Button.
=> That means you will have 2 Conditions for the (Conditional) 'WAIT'.

Excellent about '!STOPWATCHTIME', that's indeed one of the 2 Implementations I had in mind and that I had mentioned earlier. :D
The other one would be using '!NOW' in 'EVAL()' also, but '!STOPWATCHTIME' is already perfect, and you already get a Relative Time in Seconds.

Watch out in the Script you've posted, I see you are using '!VAR0', but I think in v10.0.5 for CR 'Free', that this Var is not supported in the 'Free' Version, and that you can only use '!VAR[1-3]'... :!:
But I would expect that you get some RuntimeError if/when you try to run your Script, telling you that "!VAR0 is not supported..."...? :shock:
You can use 'PROMPT' to follow your Vars and to debug your Script... :idea:

But OK, once you get your '!VAR2' to work "correctly", that will be "good" for the Functionality for the Conditional 30 Sec before clicking on the "Login" Button. Now you need to add the Functionality for the Conditional "5 Sec" between 2 Loops for the Script to "try again" if the "Order" Button didn't appear...

To do that, I can think of several possible Implementations...
- One would be to use the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism to first check if the "Order" Button is present or not, before actually trying to click on it. :idea:
- Another one could be to use '!TIMEOUT_STEP=1' (instead of 0) on the 5 'INPUT' Fields (=> that will give you the same 5 Sec if those 5 Elements are not found), and to still use '!STOPWATCHTIME' for the Check in 'EVAL()'. If '!STOPWATCHTIME' is already >5 Sec (instead of a much shorter Value I expect if the "Order" Button is present), then you spit out a "0" for the 'WAIT', and the Script will loop again directly without waiting for another 25 Sec... :idea:

In both Cases, you'll need the "&&" and/or "||" Logical Operator(s) with an 'if/else' Condition in the 'EVAL()' for '!VAR2'. (Many Examples on the Forum...)
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msshd

Post by msshd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Dear chivracq Many thanks for you help and caring about the form and etc. Well I have done and complete my macros and it works perfectly, I'm sure without your assignment, I could not done. Appreciated for all of your helps, of course at the end not beginning of this post!

- One would be to use the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism to first check if the "Order" Button is present or not, before actually trying to click on it. :idea:
- Another one could be to use '!TIMEOUT_STEP=1' (instead of 0) on the 5 'INPUT' Fields (=> that will give you the same 5 Sec if those 5 Elements are not found), and to still use '!STOPWATCHTIME' for the Check in 'EVAL()'. If '!STOPWATCHTIME' is already >5 Sec (instead of a much shorter Value I expect if the "Order" Button is present), then you spit out a "0" for the 'WAIT', and the Script will loop again directly without waiting for another 25 Sec... :idea:
In both Cases, you'll need the "&&" and/or "||" Logical Operator(s) with an 'if/else/ Condition in the 'EVAL()' for '!VAR2'. (Many Examples on the Forum...)
Regarding this part I have use two !NOW_nnss one after first button and another before the last one and calculate the time in this distance and work perfectly. :D :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:53 pm

msshd wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:22 pm
Dear chivracq Many thanks for you help and caring about the form and etc. Well I have done and complete my macros and it works perfectly, I'm sure without your assignment, I could not done. Appreciated for all of your helps, of course at the end not beginning of this post!

In both Cases, you'll need the "&&" and/or "||" Logical Operator(s) with an 'if/else/ Condition in the 'EVAL()' for '!VAR2'. (Many Examples on the Forum...)
Regarding this part I have use two !NOW_nnss one after first button and another before the last one and calculate the time in this distance and work perfectly. :D :D

Hum, OK, "works perfectly" sounds "nice", but can you post your Final Script then...?

You are "expected" to share your Solution/Final Script to finish the Thread "neatly" and useful for other Users..., just like you were "happy" to find several Threads on the Forum about "Conditional 'WAIT'" and several "'EVAL()' Examples"... :wink:
(Or I usually don't help anymore for any "future" Threads...) :idea:
msshd

Post by msshd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:06 pm

I will send the final code. But get other question how can I pas the integer "i" from JS to the iMacros code? Indeed I would like iMacros move between tabs and the order comes from JS.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:22 pm

msshd wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:06 pm
I will send the final code. But get other question how can I pas the integer "i" from JS to the iMacros code? Indeed I would like iMacros move between tabs and the order comes from JS.

Well, I don't know about "this other question" and I don't really understand directly what you mean/want, and it doesn't "sound" really related to this current "Refresh a page until button is shown" Thread, I would think...
But first finish this current one "correctly" before I'll do any "thinking" about anything else..., and open a new Thread maybe if it's not directly related... (=> In the "correct" Sub-Forum of course..., with FCI mentioned, etc... :idea: )

=> I don't really get the "I will send the final Code LATER"..., if your "Code" had not been working "directly" after my previous Post/Indications/Suggs, you would have posted directly your latest Attempt, still hoping for some further Help, but once you get/got your Script to work, then hum, sharing the Final Working Script is VERY OFTEN pfff...! a very painful moment..., "horror!!, some Concurrent on my Game might use the same Script, euh...!!" :shock: :shock: :shock:

But OK, do "your best" @OP, a bit fed up to have to post "if-if" and "Threats" of what kind... :roll:
=> Use "a bit" your own (logical) Judgement, I would think... :idea: :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.