Set master password at runtime

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
GSMacroUser

Set master password at runtime

Post by GSMacroUser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi, I'm trying to decrypt a password at runtime but I don't have the means to save the correct master password automatically before launching the process. This is a problem because different macros have different master passwords.

I am able to do this when I launch iMacros.exe with a C# program because I can update the LOCAL KEY for the master password in the windows registry, but I have not found a way to do it with iMacros for Chrome. Is there any alternative? Can I pass a Temporary master password with a variable and assign a value at runtime with a C# program?

I have the Enterprise license.
Chrome version is 78.0.3904.108 (64 bits)
Windows 7 64bits
Chrome Plugin version 10.0.5
iMacros 11.0.246.4051

Thank you.
Last edited by GSMacroUser on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Set master password with .NET Component

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:49 pm

GSMacroUser wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi, I'm trying to decrypt a password at runtime but I don't have the means to save the correct master password automatically before launching the process. This is a problem because different macros have different master passwords.

I am able to do this when I launch a macro with iMacros.exe because I can update the LOCAL KEY for the master password in the windows registry, but I have not found a way to do it with iMacros for Chrome. Is there any alternative? Can I pass a Temporary master password with a variable and assign a value at runtime with the .NET Component?

Thank you.

Could you mention your FCI, both for the '.NET' Component and the CR Env., like mentioned in the Forum Rules, before I will "soft-alert" @TechSup to have a look at your Thread...?
=> FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

It could also be "handy" (for other Users also) if you could post how you "do it" already with iMB (+FCI again..., but that will be the same like for '.NET' Component...) and 'iMacros.exe'... :idea:

(They might also move your Thread to the '.NET' Sub-Forum, I'm not sure your Thread is specific to CR only...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
GSMacroUser

Re: Set master password with .NET Component

Post by GSMacroUser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:18 pm

First, I have to apologize because I had my definitions mixed. I'm not using the .NET Component, I'm simply developing a program in C# that launches iMacros.exe or Chrome with the iMacros extension. I will edit the thread title and the first post to reflect this.

Windows 7 64bits
iMacros 11.0.246.4051

About how to change the value of the Master Password for iMacros.exe, I have followed the indications mentioned here: https://wiki.imacros.net/Component inside of the section 'What else you should know'.
chivracq

Re: Set master password at runtime

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 pm

GSMacroUser wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:18 pm
First, I have to apologize because I had my definitions mixed. I'm not using the .NET Component, I'm simply developing a program in C# that launches iMacros.exe or Chrome with the iMacros extension. I will edit the thread title and the first post to reflect this.

Windows 7 64bits
iMacros 11.0.246.4051

About how to change the value of the Master Password for iMacros.exe, I have followed the indications mentioned here: https://wiki.imacros.net/Component inside of the section 'What else you should know'.

Yeah, no Pb, Thanks for the Update..., and hum, your Thread might get moved to the 'Command Line & Scripting Interface' Sub-Forum actually, @TechSup will "decide", ah-ah...!

My mini-2cts, but I think you also need the FIO-Module for File-Access v10.0.2 for 'SI' (the 'Scripting Interface') to be able to "control" CR + iMacros for CR v10.0.5, and hum..., I'm not "completely sure" 'FIO' v10.0.2 is "compatible" with 'SI' v11.0. (I think I know it is with 'SI' v12.0 + v12.5 + v12.6...)

The v10.0.x Versions for 'FIO' + iMacros for FF/CR are a little bit "confusing" because they are not "synchronized" with the v11.x and v12.x Versions for iMB + 'SI'...

But OK, I'm not very knowledgeable with this part of iMacros as I don't use 'SI', I'm now soft-alerting @TechSup to have a look at your Thread, they should be able to help you further... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
GSMacroUser

Re: Set master password at runtime

Post by GSMacroUser » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 am

Thanks for your suggestion chivracq but I already have the File-Access module installed.
I don't have any problem using the plugin to play macros, the only doubt I have is if it's possible to set the master password for the plugin automatically at runtime.

I have read about the the temporary master password option but I'm not sure if there's a way to pass the value of the Temporary master password automatically with my C# program and not with a prompt and entering the value manually.

Thank you.