Macro to close tab 2 only if it is opened otherwise do not closed tabs

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Macro to close tab 2 only if it is opened otherwise do not closed tabs

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:01 am

Very interesting Discussion Guys, keep going...! :D :D

I don't participate much because I have a very shitty Internet Connection since about 2 weeks, I only get Internet now at 07h in the morning, for probably a short time (I usually only have Internet during the Night between 02h-06h/07h), so I hardly have the time to run my own "daily" Scripts + monitor the forum and approve New Posts...

But in your Discussion, I usually agree with @thecoder, and I don't even use '.js' Scripts, I was always able to do what I wanted (except with 'Flash') in pure '.iim', and yep indeed I had to develop a few "Creative" Sols/Workarounds sometime, ah-ah...! :wink:
But like I had already mentioned, my Opinion about 'Kantu' is already from 1 yea ago, I'll have to give it another Try...

@OP, maybe an Idea: Give maybe a concrete Example of some Script you tried to make in iMacros and didn't manage while you managed with 'Kantu', and @thecoder and @myself (+ any other Advanced Users interested to take the "Challenge" of course) can (try to) "do it' in iMacros, that could be "Fun"...

>>>
thecoder2012 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:48 pm
But I think the winner is Chrome in the future. :x

No-no-no...! NO-NO-NO...!!! :shock: You can't be right, see my "Rant" about 'Google' (the Company) / 'Chrome' (the Browser) in this recent Post of mine (hum, was the last time I had a decent Internet Connection for several hours, from the Length of my Post, ah-ah...! :oops: ) about what I qualify of "Criminal Behaviour" for simply checking the 'Help-About' Page of that Browser, only to check which Version I am using... :roll:
This will probably lead to some "Investigation" from the European Parliament (and a Fine of a few Billions Euros of course) if they don't change this Behaviour in CR very quickly, I would think... :shock:

>>>

Interesting Discussion I said, keep going... :D

But I will ask @TechSup at some point to split this Thread to keep the first part related to the original Thread Title and Qt from @OP in this Thread, and to move the 2nd part with the Discussion about iMacros vs 'Kantu' to a separate Thread, with a relevant Thread Title..., and where other pro-iMacros and pro-Kantu Users might also want to post their feedback/Experience... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:28 am

chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:01 am
No-no-no...! NO-NO-NO...!!! :shock: You can't be right, see my "Rant" about 'Google' (the Company) / 'Chrome' (the Browser) in this recent
Your word in god's ear but my hope is not good.
chivracq wrote:
This will probably lead to some "Investigation" from the European Parliament (and a Fine of a few Billions Euros of course) if they don't change this Behaviour in CR very quickly, I would think... :shock:
CR (Edge=Chromium with MS services) is already in Windows 7/8/10 in the near future. See https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/de-de/
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Stop spaming waterfox is a poor browser incompatible even with webexstensions (already tried and uninstalled immediately waterfox reallybad).

Are you paid by someone to spam waterfox in forums? I think so.

Use quantum firefox is 300% faster of other browsers and very secure.

I use Firefox quantum and it is exceptional there are 10000 wonderful addons to do everything, even automate, I teach you to automate everything, with quantum firefox you work as professionals, with the rest you only waste time.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:39 pm

provoquestosito wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Stop spaming waterfox is a poor browser incompatible even with webexstensions (already tried and uninstalled immediately waterfox reallybad).
I have posted solutions, nothing else. It's okay if the solution is not good for you (e.g. addons are not longer listed under your mozilla page, not updated addons, new addons are only for webextenion or newest webextension v69+ is required)
provoquestosito wrote:
Are you paid by someone to spam waterfox in forums? I think so.
No. I'm already registered in this iMacros forum since years.
provoquestosito wrote:
Use quantum firefox is 300% faster of other browsers and very secure.
First 200%? And then 300%?
Webextension is smaller but not finished (e.g. custom protocol handler, Redirect support for protocols API).

But your newest posts in the Kantu Forum are okay and I understand you a bit better. (e.g. Kantu Vs Imacros, Kantu support Proxy And Socks?)
And Kantu required XModules for FileAccess, RealUser (e.g. XClick, XMove, XType) and DesktopAutomation.
provoquestosito wrote:
I use Firefox quantum and it is exceptional there are 10000 wonderful addons to do everything, even automate, I teach you to automate everything, with quantum firefox you work as professionals, with the rest you only waste time.
Automate without gui is the best way in my opinion with or without addons (wonderful or not).
Professionals can using every system, every software (with and without source code) and every knowledge. :)
Last edited by thecoder2012 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
provoquestosito

Post by provoquestosito » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 pm

I use Firefox ESR 60.8.0esr working like a charm :)
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 pm

chivracq wrote:
thecoder2012 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:48 pm
But I think the winner is Chrome in the future. :x
No-no-no...! NO-NO-NO...!!! :shock: You can't be right, see my "Rant" about 'Google' (the Company) / 'Chrome' (the Browser) in this recent Post of mine (hum, was the last time I had a decent Internet Connection for several hours, from the Length of my Post, ah-ah...! :oops: ) about what I qualify of "Criminal Behaviour" for simply checking the 'Help-About' Page of that Browser, only to check which Version I am using... :roll:
Good news! CR has a big proxy socks authentication bug! Firefox (v56+) has full proxy support in this case, says What's new with V5.3.10, released December 20, 2019. See Issue 256785: SOCKS5 authentication support and Kantu support Proxy And Socks? as source.