Document to Share - Single, Printable Doc from Wiki

Share your tips, tricks and favorite iMacros macros, scripts and applications for web automation in general here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
konsta

Document to Share - Single, Printable Doc from Wiki

Post by konsta » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:54 am

I just downloaded and loaded the new beta and I about to sink my teeth into it. I am a big fan of printed documentation, so I often take the time to compile online material into a single doc so I can peruse it away from a monitor. I did that with the wiki and the samples from the latest beta. It took me more than a couple of hours to get it all together, but I thought that some others who read this forum might find some value in this sort of doc, so I thought I'd post it and see if anyone else finds it useful.

I have not created any new content, I just compiled all of the stuff from the wiki (and most of the samples) into a single PDF so one could read it offline. It is not the prettiest document as some pages did not make the transition to pdf as nicely as others, but it should be pretty complete (as of 10 Jul 07) and it has a table of contents and its all in one place.

This is NOT an official document of iOpus and so please, if you download it and don't like it, don't complain to them. If the good folks at iOpus don't want this sort of document distributed here, I totally understand, just delete this post and send me a note and I will keep my pdfs to myself. However, since they did create a wiki, I think it is not unreasonable to assume that they want to encourage us to share this sort of stuff.

So in the spirit of sharing and in the spirit of the Web 2.0, I am making this PDF (its zipped up and is still 2+ MB) available at: http://www.konsta.biz/iMacros6Doc.zip.

If anyone has any problems downloading/opening/printing it, feel free to drop me a line. I would also be very interested to know if anyone finds it useful and if you have any suggestions on how it might have been more useful.

---Andrew

"Ideas are bulletproof" V
---Andrew
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:15 am

Andrew,

we appreciate your efforts, and hope that your PDF will help other users that are "fans of printed documentation" to use iMacros effectively.

I uploaded your PDF file to our forum server at
http://forum.imacros.net/_uploads/imacros6doc.zip

Thank you!

Hannes
aaeros

Re: Document to Share - Single, Printable Doc from Wiki

Post by aaeros » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks for the pdf version!

It's so very easy to navigate.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:43 am

Good to hear you like it, but please note that this thread is from July 2007.

If you need an offline documentation of the recent iMacros releases, the standalone version of our wiki might be of interest for you: http://www.iopus.com/download/iMacrosWi ... ersion.zip
SolarProf

Post by SolarProf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Is there an updated version of docn in .pdf format? If documentation is to be printed, a .pdf is a much preferred format.

Why print? Personal notations, dogears, tabs, simultaneous multi-page visibility, simultaneous availability with full-screen programming/debugging, reading on trip or in bed w/o notebook/netbook. There are probably more reasons, but howzat for starters?

Plus, the link to download the offline wiki is labeled as "~10MB", whereas the .zip file itself is 23MB and the decompressed wiki is >50MB. Would someone like to update the label?

Regards.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:03 pm

SolarProf wrote: Plus, the link to download the offline wiki is labeled as "~10MB", whereas the .zip file itself is 23MB and the decompressed wiki is >50MB. Would someone like to update the label?
Thanks for reporting, we have adjust the information.
SolarProf wrote:Is there an updated version of docn in .pdf format?
Currently, there is no such version. However, we will try to find a solution. If you know any software that transforms mediawiki content to PDF, let us know.

Hannes
LAPIII

Post by LAPIII » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:34 pm

This link is broken:[url]http://www.konsta.biz/iMacros6Doc.zip[/url].
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 am

You may use the one in the second post, but please note that these offline versions were created in July 2007.