ONPRINT and PRINT not supported in iMacros for Chrome??

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cherylhamm

ONPRINT and PRINT not supported in iMacros for Chrome??

Post by cherylhamm » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:06 pm

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 12.6.505.4525
Released on 11/8/2019
Licensed Product: iMacros Enterprise Edition
Chrome extension installed, but not sure how to get that detail

Since one of our main targets, no longer will process using Internet Explorer, we had to move to iMacros for Chrome. This is a problem since apparently ONPRINT and PRINT are no longer supported.

I have been searching for DAYS in this forum and out and I don't see any way where people have successfully printed a web page.

SO, what are y'all using to print?

PS. We use PDFcreator as our printer in the windows dialog, which saves it as a pdf file which we rename in a VB program after closing iMacros..

Thanks for any tips,
Cheryl
Tom, Tech Support

Re: ONPRINT and PRINT not supported in iMacros for Chrome??

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi Cheryl,

You might want to consider joining the iMacros CVP (Customer Validation Program), which will get you access to a preview release of the next iMacros browser. The next version is based on Chromium, the same base browser used by Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave, and other browsers. There is also a new PRINTPDF command introduced in this version that will print web pages to a PDF file.

If you report your own post by clicking the exclamation icon, you can then enter the email address for which your license is registered and/or the serial number and I will make sure you get an invite to the CVP. The information you enter in the report is not visible to the public.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
cherylhamm

Post by cherylhamm » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank you, Tom. It's really a MAJOR show stopper to the point we may have to find another product. I'll click the exclamation on my post and hope for the best (and look for an invitation).
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed publicly viewable email address.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am

I've forwarded the information to the person responsible for sending out invites. I saw that you said you requested an invite previously and didn't hear back, so double-check your spam folder just to be sure and if you don't get anything in a day or two please let me know!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
cherylhamm

Post by cherylhamm » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Got it and signed up... hoping it will solve all our existing problems. Thank you
snowicki

Post by snowicki » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:39 pm

Would it be possible for me to sign up for iMacros CVP (Customer Validation Program)? Am trying to covert a hta/vbs app over to Chrome. Printing is essential.

Am a longtime enterprise iMacros licensee.

Thanks

Steve
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:39 am

snowicki wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:39 pm
Would it be possible for me to sign up for iMacros CVP (Customer Validation Program)? Am trying to covert a hta/vbs app over to Chrome. Printing is essential.

Am a longtime enterprise iMacros licensee.

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve,

I don't believe we're accepting new sign-ups to the iMacros CVP right now, as that channel is typically reserved for feedback surrounding beta and pre-releases. But please feel free to post any suggestions/issues/feedback in the iMacros General Discussions over on the Progress Community.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support