How do you archive webpages that are very heavy on Ajax/Javascript?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zan10

How do you archive webpages that are very heavy on Ajax/Javascript?

Post by zan10 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Back before the heavy prevalence of Ajax/javascript and the "click to see more" button, it was very easy to archive pages with Httrack or DownThemAll. Nowadays, it's a very massive pain. Sure, there are firefox extensions to save every website you visit, but I really don't have enough disk space to do all that (that, and I'd also like to archive sections of pages that I haven't visited, in case I might want to see them later).

iMacros is a possible extension, but while it can scroll to the very end of a page (say, a facebook page or a google reader shared items page), it really sucks for expanding out comment sections.
Sarkari job
Last edited by zan10 on Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: How do you archive webpages that are very heavy on Ajax/Javascript?

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:34 pm

zan10 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:05 pm
Back before the heavy prevalence of Ajax/javascript and the "click to see more" button, it was very easy to archive pages with Httrack or DownThemAll. Nowadays, it's a very massive pain. Sure, there are firefox extensions to save every website you visit, but I really don't have enough disk space to do all that (that, and I'd also like to archive sections of pages that I haven't visited, in case I might want to see them later).

iMacros is a possible extension, but while it can scroll to the very end of a page (say, a facebook page or a google reader shared items page), it really sucks for expanding out comment sections.

Well, "it (=iMacros) really sucks for expanding out comment sections...", hum, yep because you probably don't use it (= iMacros) "correctly", ah-ah...! :roll:

=> What is your Problem, Baby-Be-Cool...? :wink:
=> Mention your FCI and post your Script and give more/some Details related to your specific Script/Site if you are "really" looking for Help and not only wanted to post some "generic" Rant... :idea:

In my "Experience", Rants always come from (some) "Uncompentency" (= "wrong" Choice/Use/Implementation), either from the Ranter or from the Software/Programmer(s) subject of the Rant, and it can sometimes go in both Directions by 20%-40%, OK, show us which Side you are on... :?

And hum, could be "interesting" to modelize Use/Design/Frustration for Web-Automation in a 4D-Matrix: User + Site + Browser + Tool/Add-on. And the Version Numbers for Browser + Add-on (at least for iMacros) and the OS might also add another 3 Dimensions... :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...