How to open iim with firefox ?

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
meannn

How to open iim with firefox ?

Post by meannn » Sat May 01, 2021 10:19 pm

I will gone crazy soon, tried dozens of methods but cant make it open in firefox, this works fine but opens in imacros browser, how to open iim in firefox ?

Code: Select all

@REM %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system
@setlocal
@set pf=%ProgramFiles%
@if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)%

"%pf%\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.exe" -macro "%userprofile%\desktop\test.iim"
And if I try this;

ping 127.1.1.1
start "" /B "firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=Upload.iim
Result is
MEcu29.png
Last edited by meannn on Sat May 01, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chivracq

Re: How to open iim with firefox ?

Post by chivracq » Sat May 01, 2021 10:58 pm

meannn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:19 pm
I will gone crazy soon, tried dozens of methods but cant make it open in firefox, this works fine but opens in imacros browser, how to open iim in firefox ?

@REM %pf% expands to the right program location depending if it is x86 or x64 system
@setlocal
@set pf=%ProgramFiles%
@if not "[%ProgramFiles(x86)%]"=="[]" set pf=%ProgramFiles(x86)%

"%pf%\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.exe" -macro "%userprofile%\desktop\test.iim"

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> Maybe an "Idea" to (re-)read the Forum Rules, they've changed quite a bit since 2012... :idea:

Correct Sub-Forum to open this Thread would have been the 'Command Line Interface' Sub-Forum, not the 'iMacros for FF' one... :!:
(But no Need to duplicate now...)

And hum, you never followed up in your previous Thread (from 2012) where some Advanced User tried to help you..., oh...!, but hum OK..., they posted their Solution 3 months after you had opened that Thread, so... OK, could be that you missed their Reply... :(

>>>

Oh...!, and be "careful" with silent Edits...:
And if I try this;

ping 127.1.1.1
start "" /B "firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m=Upload.iim
Result is;

https://i.snipboard.io/MEcu29.jpg

=> Hum..., getting closer..., but you definitely need to re-read the Forum Rules, ah-ah...! :!: :idea:
=> Screenshots need to be uploaded directly to the Forum... :!:

The "ping 127.1.1.1" is both "cute and funny" btw, ah-ah...!, well..., unless you are really still on WinXP...!? :shock: :? :o
Then I'm very curious about your FCI...! :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
meannn

Post by meannn » Sat May 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Thanks for your long reply, so whats the solution ? I am using Windows 10 with latest Firefox.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 01, 2021 11:07 pm

meannn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:01 pm
Thanks for your long reply, so whats the solution ? I am using Windows 10 with latest Firefox.

Yeah, well, the "Solution" for the time being is that you read the Forum Rules and edit/update your OP to make it "compliant"... :idea:

(And "latest" doesn't mean anything on a Tech Forum...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
meannn

Post by meannn » Sat May 01, 2021 11:11 pm

Alright,

attached the image. Using windows 10 (64 bit) and Firefox 88 64-bit. Imacros v.10.3.27 enterprise
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 01, 2021 11:30 pm

meannn wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:11 pm
Alright,

attached the image. Using windows 10 (64 bit) and Firefox 88 64-bit.

Alright, perfect for the Screenshot, Thanks... :D

But your FCI also belongs to your OP, (preferably at the very top of your OP), and not "lost and scattered somewhere in the middle of a Thread", this is the first Info "we" (Helpers) need to know about a Thread...

For FF, the iMacros Version is missing (=> OK, will be v10.0.2 for FF)...?, + 'Free'/'PE' (=> OK, will be 'PE' if you are using iMB + 'SI')...?, + if you have installed the 'FIO'-Module for Local File-Access...?, and the 'FIO' Version...? (will probably be v10.0.2.450 or v10.1.0.xxx.)
And well..., "the iMacros for FF Version is missing"..., I feel I need to ask "stupid" Questions..., => have you ueberhaupt installed the 'iMacros for FF' Add-on...!? :P

+ Mention also your iMB FCI/Version and the 'SI' Version (Scripting Interface). (=> ...?)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 03, 2021 3:12 am

Oh...!, I was just about to react to your 'Installation PE License' Thread, but it already go deleted (= YOU just-just had already deleted it) when I wanted to reply/quote (to) it... :|

I only hope (for you) you didn't buy that License because of the Func you want in this current Thread, ah-ah...! Will be very funny...! And you'll be "a little bit disappointed", pity for you that mentioning 3 Versions about your FCI was apparently "too complicated", ah-ah...! :?

Hum, I don't help Users who delete their Threads/Qt's instead of sharing their Sol, (always useful for other Users), and you still haven't been able to mention the 3 Versions of your FCI/Environment... :roll:

Then, yep, sorry, I get a bit "fed up" after asking several times... (about FCI), and hum..., you've been using iMacros since at least 2012, you should be able to answer all Threads on the Forum, like I do... :idea: :wink:

>>>

=> @ ADVANCED USERS: SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE...!, THE FORUM NEEDS YOU...! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 03, 2021 4:02 am

And to finish this Thread "a bit useful" for all Users on the Forum...:
(Yep, sorry, it was apparently too complicated for @OP to mention 3 Versions about their FCI/Environment and especially which Version of iMacros they use... :shock: :o :? :roll: )

But OK, @OP, I guess if using FF88, you must very probably be using iMacros for FF v10.0.2.

Then OK, "many Things to mention", but Good/Bad News, that Version doesn't support the "imacros://run/?m=" Syntax, perfectly mentioned in the Wiki/Release Notes... :idea:

But hum @OP, hum-hum-hum, OK, arrgghhh, strange...! :shock: (oops, sorry!), looks like the Wiki and the Release Notes were (silently) changed/edited since last time I checked them... Grrrrr..., I don't like that...!! :shock:
... And I "wanted" to "bash you" that you didn't check the Wiki, but OK, not your "Fault" if the Wiki has been silently edited to remove that Info...! Grrrr, I really don't like that, beurk-beurk-beurk...!!, ah-ah...!!! :shock:

Last Update is from "This page was last edited on 31 March 2021, at 12:56.", and "they" have apparently removed the Info about the "imacros://run/?m=" Syntax, which..., as I can remember is not supported in v10.0.2 for FF, not from CLI and not for calling another Macro... I've tested that, (Summer 2018, using FF v[60-62] (I think I remember), and FF was complaining about some "imacros://" Protocol being "missing"...
(I could test again, I let FF (v80+ now) update itself when I launch it... (about maybe once a month, always for some specific Thread on the Forum...))

>>>

Current Quote:
Version 10.0.2, released July 9, 2018

This is the first version which supports Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57 and above). It is a complete new version for the Firefox Webextension API, which has more similarities with iMacros for Chrome than previous versions of iMacros for Firefox. In particular, there are some commands, variables, and functionality that were previously supported but currently are not mostly because the WebExtension API provided by Mozilla still lacks support for it.

Not supported in this version:
CLICK
EVENT, EVENTS
FILEDELETE
FILTER
ONDIALOG
PROXY
!POPUP_ALLOWED
!SINGLESTEP
File upload is not supported
iMacros for Firefox is disabled in Private Browsing mode due to restrictions in Firefox
The built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files is no longer available. Please use the iMacros Scripting Interface (API) included with some of the iMacros paid editions. This API allows you to control Chrome and Firefox from external scripts and programs (C++, C#, Javascript, Python, Perl, etc.)
The imacros://run/ URI is no longer supported for running macros from the command line, however, a new method is described here.

The following commands and variables are newly supported in iMacros 10:
SIZE
!FOLDER_DOWNLOAD
!FOLDER_MACROS
!IMAGEX, !IMAGEY
!PLAYBACKDELAY

Known Issues:
Docking the iMacros panel (sidebar) can break the ability to drag and drop tabs in Firefox
Search and replace dialog no longer work in the macro editor due to Firefox CSP (Content Security Policy) for Web Extensions.
For security reasons in Firefox, you cannot navigate using URL GOTO to a privileged URL such as file:, data:, and about: (although about:home and about:blank are allowed)

Additional tweaks/enhancements made during the beta period:
Accept input and confirm PROMPT and other dialogs with a keyboard Enter
Editor Save and Save As buttons feedback on successful save
Changed Play button text to Resume when macro is paused
Added setting to ignore UnsupportedCommand errors bypassing parsing of line (use with care!)
>>>

And @OP, a few Workarounds available for the Func you want, but search the Forum, you won't get them from me, sorry but "next time" consider mentioning the 3 Versions about your FCI, shouldn't be that difficult, I would think..., and you will really "speed up the Process" of getting some Help and Answers to your Questions, ah-ah...! :idea:

>>>

Asking @TechSup about the (silent) Edit in the Wiki about the "imacros://run/?m=" Syntax... It "used" to be (clearly) documented in the Wiki/Release Notes..., => as not supported anymore..! :?
(I will post some Update..., or @TechSup will post in the Thread...)
Last edited by chivracq on Mon May 03, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 03, 2021 12:15 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:02 am

Current Quote:

This is the first version which supports Firefox Quantum (Firefox 57 and above). It is a complete new version for the Firefox Webextension API, which has more similarities with iMacros for Chrome than previous versions of iMacros for Firefox. In particular, there are some commands, variables, and functionality that were previously supported but currently are not mostly because the WebExtension API provided by Mozilla still lacks support for it.

Not supported in this version:
CLICK
EVENT, EVENTS
FILEDELETE
FILTER
ONDIALOG
PROXY
!POPUP_ALLOWED
!SINGLESTEP
File upload is not supported
iMacros for Firefox is disabled in Private Browsing mode due to restrictions in Firefox
The built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files is no longer available. Please use the iMacros Scripting Interface (API) included with some of the iMacros paid editions. This API allows you to control Chrome and Firefox from external scripts and programs (C++, C#, Javascript, Python, Perl, etc.)
The imacros://run/ URI is no longer supported for running macros from the command line, however, a new method is described here.

The following commands and variables are newly supported in iMacros 10:
SIZE
!FOLDER_DOWNLOAD
!FOLDER_MACROS
!IMAGEX, !IMAGEY
!PLAYBACKDELAY

Known Issues:
Docking the iMacros panel (sidebar) can break the ability to drag and drop tabs in Firefox
Search and replace dialog no longer work in the macro editor due to Firefox CSP (Content Security Policy) for Web Extensions.
For security reasons in Firefox, you cannot navigate using URL GOTO to a privileged URL such as file:, data:, and about: (although about:home and about:blank are allowed)

Additional tweaks/enhancements made during the beta period:
Accept input and confirm PROMPT and other dialogs with a keyboard Enter
Editor Save and Save As buttons feedback on successful save
Changed Play button text to Resume when macro is paused
Added setting to ignore UnsupportedCommand errors bypassing parsing of line (use with care!)
>>>

Asking @TechSup about the (silent) Edit in the Wiki about the "imacros://run/?m=" Syntax... It "used" to be (clearly) documented in the Wiki/Release Notes..., => as not supported anymore..! :?
(I will post some Update..., or @TechSup will post in the Thread...)

I think you must not have had your glassed on? I added the emphasis above to highlight the line you missed. Also, feel free to edit out the profanity from your last post now. :D
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon May 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:15 pm

I think you must not have had your glassed on? I added the emphasis above to highlight the line you missed. Also, feel free to edit out the profanity from your last post now. :D

Oh...!?, yep indeed, it is still there, ah-ah...! :? :D :P OK, I missed it then..., oops...! (And I've edited my previous Post, ah-ah...!, oops, sorry about "the Fuzz"...) :oops:
But hum, if I "missed it" while knowing about it already, then hum..., maybe no wonder that @OP didn't find that Info either...

And the "Workaround" is pretty cumbersome, only meant for "short and easy" Scripts, they could better use the 'Scripting Interface' with a '.vbs' Script for example and 'iimOpen("-fx")' + 'iimPlay()'..., or use a different FCI that still supports the 'imacros://run/m?=' Syntax... :|

>>>

Oh...!, and btw @Tom, don't you want to move the Thread to the 'CLI' Sub-Forum...? :idea: