not recording?....

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
robbyvegas

not recording?....

Post by robbyvegas » Fri May 25, 2007 6:35 pm

I've just installed iMacros... so clearly I'm a newbie. Apologies. When I click on the 'Rec' button and then on the 'Record' button, nothing happens. It does not appear to be recording anything. What gives?

Thanks
StarFaller

Post by StarFaller » Fri May 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Same thing is happening to me, it seems to be a bug...but i can't tell you how I get it to occur.
Restarting the firefox does seem to work on solving the problem for me though.
chrislo2401

Post by chrislo2401 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:43 am

Same for me - using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows XP. Press Record, nothing happens. No recording and the 'Stop' button doesn't enable itself. I've tried restarting Firefox, no go.
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 pm

Ditto here... using 0.8.0.2 and it won't record or really do anything of any use at all. Anyone know what gives?? I was all psyched about this...

Jonathan
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:03 pm

Does nobody have any information as to why it seems this plug-in does not work at all in Firefox? Anyone?? I'm amazed that there hasn't been a single official comment or suggestion on what might be the trouble for us...

I have some immediate applications for this and really want it working!

Jonathan
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:26 am

I don't get it... how is ANYONE able to use this in firefox? Myself and several others at least apparently can't, and support has not offered any suggestion on what could be the problem. Does anyone ELSE have any suggestion on how to get iMacros working in Firefox? I really need it for some immediate projects and am just dying to use it...

Jonathan
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Hello,

The extension works well in our tests (otherwise we would not release it).

But can you please tell us what operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux,..) you are using?

Also, can you replay the demo macros ok?
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Windows XP Pro SP2, latest Firefox.

I'm not aware of any demo macros, when I click the load button, nothing happens. Record button, nothing happens. ANY button, nothing happens.

I'm about to try again with ALL add-ins disabled except for imacros, maybe there's a conflict going on.

Jonathan
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:48 pm

Nope, no real change except that this time I could click "Load" and get a dialog, but there's no macros in the imacros folder, so nothing to load.

So, I'm still where I was. It's not a conflict with any other add-in since it still doesn't work without anything else activated.

Next idea?

Jonathan
vanclute

Post by vanclute » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 am

Just got an update to the extension... no real change, although now I do get asked if I want to close all tabs before recording. When I say "no" and try to record something, nothing happens. The stop button is not available, and when I hit Save and save it (whatever it is since nothing seemed to happen) nothing is saved nor is anything able to be loaded or played back.

So, still not able to use this. Has anyone else who had the same non-functioning problem been able to make it work since?

Jonathan
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:35 pm

We have problems recreating this issue here. The extension works well in our tests. Can you please try on a second PC? Does it work there?

If another user reads this thread and has the same problems, please let us know, too! This will help us to get a better idea about what goes wrong.
alber1234

Post by alber1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:03 am

I have the same problem(WinXP, Firefox last version) All demo-macros on board and work properly but no recording at all.
Best regards
Albert
Rasp

Firefox extension does not record!

Post by Rasp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:02 pm

I have the same problem. Clicking Rec and Record produces only the first line of Macro, and no matter what I do or click, lines are not added. The Stop-button is greyed out and cannot be clicked. I can click Save which will save the Macro. I can try to play back the macro but it doesn't do anything. The demo macros seem to work as intended.

Have installed and de-installed the Firefox extension 0.902 (from Mozillas extension pages) a couple of times, to no avail. I'm using the Finnish version of Firefox 2.0.0.4, other extensions that Firefox lists are:

DOM Inspector 1.8.1.4
Google Toolbar for Firefox 3.0.20070525W
Skype extension for Firefox 2.2.0.70
Suomen kielen oikoluku 0.9.7 (Finnish spellcheck)
Svensk ordlista 1.4 (Swedish dictionary)
Talkback 2.0.0.4
United States English Dictionary 2.0.0.6

Windows XP home with latest service pack (SP2?)
Norman firewall and virus program
Rasp

Problem identified!

Post by Rasp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:29 pm

It seems that iMacros is not working properly with Skype toolbar. I tested the problem by disabling all other extensions, which made iMacros work properly. I then re-enabled the other extensions one by one, until the problem re-appeared after enabling the Skype toolbar. I was using Skype toolbar v. 2.20, and after finding the problem I tried upgrading to the newest version (2.3.0.31) but the problem didn't go away with that. So, it seems you have to keep the Skype toolbar disabled in order to record macros.

Of course it would be nice if this could be solved, I suggest you guys at iOpus have a chat with the Skype guys and see who needs to change what :).
BigMac

Post by BigMac » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:47 pm

Rasp was right. The latest version of iMacros for Firefox (0.9.0.2) still does not work with Skype extension for Firefox (2.2.0.70). I have A LOT of extensions, and just disabling the Skype extension fixed this issue. Easy workaround, but I'd like to use both extensions.

Guess we'll need to wait for a fix for this incompatibility.

Mac