iMacros Dropdown Menus in Javascript

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rob_ford16

iMacros Dropdown Menus in Javascript

Post by rob_ford16 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for any help in advance. I am trying to figure out how I could use iMacros to select all possible combinations from multiple dropdown menus. For instance, on the website I am trying to do this for I have to:

1) Login
2) Select the year from the first drop down menu
3) select region
4) select state
5) select county
6) click county summary
7) save webpage

I should also add that the region I select, changes the list of available states. In other words the lists are dynamic.

Here is what I have just for one county, but it only selects the one. I don't know how to "go down the list" so to speak. I took out the url for security reasons.

VERSION BUILD=8300326 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO="website blocked for security reasons"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/crm_results/ ATTR=ID:region CONTENT=%South
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/crm_results/ ATTR=ID:state CONTENT=%Kentucky
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:/crm_results/ ATTR=ID:counties CONTENT=%Crittenden
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/crm_results/ ATTR=NAME:county_summary&&VALUE:County<SP>Summary
SAVEAS TYPE=CPL FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}}

Thanks!