Almost able to post to Facebook, what am I missing?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Chris_Just_Chris

Almost able to post to Facebook, what am I missing?

Post by Chris_Just_Chris » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:56 pm

I am trying to schedule a post for the future on a a facebook page where I am admin.

To keep it simple, here is my code assuming you are already logged in to FB and on your page.

For debugging, this code actually works for me with 2 exceptions (noted in macro comments also):

The text window that defaults to "what have you been up to (or something like that)" needs to be clicked before anything will happen. I can't figure out how to get this working except to manually click in there before the tag times out. Obviously I am only manually clicking in order to see that the rest works properly.

It's the same situation with the little clock, which needs to be clicked before the last 2 lines will run.

I have tried tagging divs and a few different ways, including tagging photo/video then tagging status (which would open it, but it doesn't work properly for me) and also tagx & tagy.

Here's my code, any ideas?

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
'
' Any page where you are an administrator
' URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/YOURPAGEHERE
'
''' PROBLEM AREA : "What have you been up to?" needs to be clicked before below will run
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:xhpc_message_text CONTENT=abc
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:future_dateIntlDisplay CONTENT=8/5/2014
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:future_time_display_time CONTENT=10:05<SP>pm
'
''' PROBLEM AREA : CLOCK NEEDS TO BE CLICKED BEFORE THE REST WILL RUN
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:* ATTR=TXT:Schedule
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Close
Thanks in advance for any insights!!
chivracq

Re: Almost able to post to Facebook, what am I missing?

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:16 pm

FCIM...! :mrgreen:

You don't mention if stg gets recorded for the 2 "Problem Areas", I guess it does and you don't mention why it is a Problem..., I guess because you get some RuntimeError about "Element not found"...

If you record several times the same Actions on your Page after a Refresh, you will end up with different Element ID's which get dynamically generated by FB. You then need to replace the changing Part with Wildcards (like you've done with "FORM=ID:*") or use the Full HTML Recording Mode to identify some other Attribute(s) that you can then use in your Macro.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Chris_Just_Chris

Post by Chris_Just_Chris » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Oops! Sorry about fcim, first post. I will do better later (on a bus now) but it the imacros version in the code, on win7 pro and the newest FF, 31 I think? I will be working with it more later at home on win 8.1 also.

Like you said, I am avoiding IDs for this macro. The problem I am having is I can't get the focus to the textbox no matter what I try, without dynamic IDs being involved.

Will also post exact error text when I get to a pc in a few hours but yes, it was typical not found type of error.
Last edited by Chris_Just_Chris on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Just_Chris

Post by Chris_Just_Chris » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:26 am

Imacros Version: 8.8.2
Firefox 31.0
Windows 8.1

I have managed to work out the second problem area using recording in complete HTML mode.

I am still at a loss as to how to get past the first hurdle. even recording in complete HTML mode, nothing is recorded when I make the desired action (clicking into the textbox where the status update will go). It seems like there's something in the source that's a bit over my head, and I cannot figure out how to make it happen.

Updated code: works fine IF I manually click into the status textarea before it times out :(

'
' Any page where you are an administrator
' URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/YOURPAGEHERE
'
''' PROBLEM AREA : "What have you been up to?" needs to be clicked before below will run
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:xhpc_message_text CONTENT=abc
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:future_dateIntlDisplay CONTENT=8/5/2014
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:future_time_display_time CONTENT=10:05<SP>pm
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Add<SP>date
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

This one works for me on some FB Community Page I'm the Admin of:

TAB T=1
'URL GOTO=https://www.facebook.com/pages/My_FB_Community_Page...

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:xhpc_message_text CONTENT=abc
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:* ATTR=ID:* CONTENT=Mini-test
WAIT SECONDS=1

WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:* ATTR=NAME:future_time_display_time CONTENT=18:05<SP>pm
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
WAIT SECONDS=1
Tested on iMacros v8.8.2 for FF, Pale Moon v24.7.0 (=FF31), Win7-64.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
Chris_Just_Chris

Post by Chris_Just_Chris » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Work machine now:
iMacros 8.8.2
FF 31.0
Win 7 64

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by NAME:future_dateIntlDisplay was not found, line 11 (Error code: -921)

I downloaded Pale Moon and gave it a shot.

Got the same error.

Maybe your page is still on the old layout? I was prompted a few weeks ago to switch a bunch of pages over to the new timeline.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Hum, strange, because I kept that "NAME:future_dateIntlDisplay" from you as it was working already, but I had to add a "TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Add<SP>date" just before as I was getting indeed the same Error Msg...

Yep I remember as well a few weeks ago about the "New Timeline", but I think I said Yes...
Chris_Just_Chris

Post by Chris_Just_Chris » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:58 am

I managed to get it closer to working by tagging a relative div, and then the behavior was different with the date picker and time, there were new hidden fields. So I messed around with which div I tagged and got it to work, but then it didn't work on another page.

I'm abandoning this particular project (FB will just change something by the time I figure it out anyway), but wanted to thank you for your time and help.