Change where the addon installs iMacros folder

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Riss

Change where the addon installs iMacros folder

Post by Riss » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:30 am

I have a Virtual Machine which a number of users can log into and have access to run scripts.

I used to have to configure each user account with the firefox iMacros Addon but I have recently been able to extract the xpi file in the firefox extensions folder and automatically push in the Add on the first or next time they start Firefox.

They get this pop-up telling them that the Add On has been installed.

The iMacro Addon is installed but unfortunately I am still required to jump in and delete the 'iMacro' folder on the user account which contains the Macros, Datasources and Download folders and redirect path options to the one which I have installed in the public folder.

Is there a way it can recognise the one already created in 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\iMacros', or can modify where the addon installs and places this folder (along with path defaults) so I don't have to be involved in the set up at all?
chivracq

Re: Change where the addon installs iMacros folder

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 am

Riss wrote:I have a Virtual Machine which a number of users can log into and have access to run scripts.

I used to have to configure each user account with the firefox iMacros Addon but I have recently been able to extract the xpi file in the firefox extensions folder and automatically push in the Add on the first or next time they start Firefox.

They get this pop-up telling them that the Add On has been installed.

The iMacro Addon is installed but unfortunately I am still required to jump in and delete the 'iMacro' folder on the user account which contains the Macros, Datasources and Download folders and redirect path options to the one which I have installed in the public folder.

Is there a way it can recognise the one already created in 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\iMacros', or can modify where the addon installs and places this folder (along with path defaults) so I don't have to be involved in the set up at all?
Very interesting Question, but I won't be doing any Testing/Digging for you as you still haven't bothered reading the Forum Rules after 3 years on the Forum: FCIM...! :mrgreen: (As I would honestly be very surprised if you are still at v8.2.4...) But I would think you can only achieve what you want by hacking into the Add-on, search my Posts on "js-Beautify" if you don't already know how, as you look/sound quite technical... (But it's still for very Advanced Users...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Riss

Post by Riss » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 am

Sorry chivracq, haven't been in the Forum since I first started using the software.

And as shocking as it sounds, yes, I am still using VERY old versions of both the Addon and Firefox as every time I try and upgrade my existing code breaks and I just have too many to convert and a lot of people using them.
iMacros AddOn v8.2.4 VERSION BUILD=8240212
Browser ff v11

I am definitely not advanced enough to hack into anything, I had already taken a look around and believe that it would be in the modules\utils.js?? But I'm not sure I can fumble my way through this one successfully, not a lot in there is making much sense. :?

Appreciate you getting back to me anyhow. Thanks.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:27 am

Don't worry, the only "shocking" Thing for me is People not mentioning their FCI, => iMacros for v8.24 on FF11, sounds very sexy to me!, even if I would be a bit interested why you never updated FF and iMacros...?, FF14 broke quite a few Tricks using JavaScript, I wonder if that's the reason you staid below FF14...

I may have a quick look tomorrow at your Pb, but I'm afraid it would require a few hours of Investigation, and whatever I find, I would dare to try some Hack myself but I wouldn't advertise it on the Forum, not sure TechSupport will be glad with it...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...