I Want to Freeze screen while Playing

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
deadlock2004

I Want to Freeze screen while Playing

Post by deadlock2004 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 am

Hi,

I am looking for a way to freeze the screen in a webpage while the imacros is playing as the user should not be allowed to click any part of the webpage until imacros finishes.

Example code is:
VERSION BUILD=9002379
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=www.google.com
WAIT SECONDS = 20
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:About

-In this example you will notice that while waiting at http://www.google.com page, I dont want the user to be able to click on any part of the screen. The user is allowed to start using the page only after it had ended the imacros - right after the "About" tab is clicked.

iMacros Browser version 9.00.2379'
Windows 10
Last edited by deadlock2004 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Freeze screen while Playing / Distribute Imacros

Post by chivracq » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 am

deadlock2004 wrote:Hi,

I am looking for a way to cover the screen while the imacros is playing as the user should not be seeing the initial part of the imacros playing as it pertains to sensitive functions of a system, but incase we could not dim the screen, freezing the screen(not being able to click any part of the webpage) would also work well.

I am also looking for a way to distribute the file so that there is no need to actually install the imacros in the system but instead the users could just play a file.
Sorry, CIM for me to read... :mrgreen:
(You did better in your previous Thread... (I wouldn't have reacted otherwise, if you had not mentioned your FCI...) Even if sbd reacted in that Thread at the end and you could have followed up / reacted to that Input... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
deadlock2004

Re: Freeze screen while Playing

Post by deadlock2004 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:36 am

Hi,

I have edited the post to include the CIM.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:22 am

deadlock2004 wrote:Hi,

I have edited the post to include the CIM.
deadlock2004 wrote:

Code: Select all

iMacros Browser version 9.00.2379'
Windows 10
OK for your FCI... :D
(I won't even react next time you open a Thread if you don't mention this Required Info...)

And you could still finish your previous Thread a bit neatly by responding to this other User who tried to help you and by mentioning how you solved your Pb... Obviously by switching to the iMacros Browser... (It doesn't work very motivating to try to help Users if they don't follow up on their Threads / answer Questions / react to Suggestions / eruct a mini-Thanks / share their Solution... :idea: )

But hum, before going to your current Qt/Pb, I find your FCI interesting for some other Thread in which iMB v10 crashes on Win10 and I thought that only iMB v11 could work on Win10 but you demonstrate the contrary... I would be interested to know if you did a clean Install of Win10 and then (re)installed iMB v9 (but the logical step would have been to then install iMB v11 I would think), or if you upgraded to Win10 from a previous OS where iMB v9 was already installed and I would like to know from which OS (Win7 / Win8.x), as you didn't mention your OS (Grrr...!!!) in your previous Thread...?

>>>

OK, about your Question, hum...!!! I can think about a few things...
1- If you were using the iMacros for FF Version, you can trigger at the beginning of your Macro a 'F8' using the EVENT Mode that will close the iMacros Side-Panel and you can issue another one a bit later or at the end of the Macro that will toggle the Side Panel open again. But the EVENT Mode is only available for the iMacros for FF Add-on or since recently for the iMacros Browser v11.
And you won't be able to prevent the User from pausing the Macro to toggle manually the Side Panel open again.

2- You could have your Users launching their Macro from a .BAT File. With the iMacros Browser, you have a Command Line Parameter that allows you to launch the Browser minimized to System Tray and maybe with or without an Icon, I don't know if it's then possible to maximize the Browser manually.

3- The Macro in your previous Thread was an '.iim' Macro. You could convert it to an on the fly created Macro in a '.js' and play with the 'SHOWSTEPS' Command to hide the Macro. But that won't prevent a Techie User from opening your Script and commenting out the first Line...

4- You could try playing the Macro from a (Base64 converted Macro to) Bookmark. I'm not sure if the Content of the Macro is then visible or not.

5- There is at least one Thread on the Forum where the User integrated his Macros (Base64 Encoded) to a Web-Page from which Users could launch some Macro from just a Click on a Link or Button. And I think Users didn't even need to have iMacros (Add-on) installed, it was running on the Server. (Not completely sure about that anymore...)

6- There are several Threads on the Forum about obfuscating your Code. I even read a few months ago on some other Forum sbd who claimed they were able to compile a Macro into an . EXE for that Purpose, but I didn't investigate any further...

7- Still from a . BAT File, either from the same . BAT File or from a second one, you could minimize the iMacros Browser every 200ms.

8- Oh...!, and maybe the most obvious Solution, I think it is possible from the iMacros Browser to encrypt your Macros, ah-ah...!

Well, good luck, I would say... Maybe sbd else comes up with some other/better Solution(s)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
deadlock2004

Post by deadlock2004 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:18 am

Hi,

I upgraded my windows 10 from windows 8.1 with imacros v9 running smoothly. I didn't seem to notice any problem at all with the OS upgrade.

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem was never about encryption of the code, but what the users see running on screen. It basically logs on to a bank account and does specific transfers to certain accounts. For the sake of security I will not post the code here but instead define the steps below.

1. Imacros Code logs on to a bank account.
2. Initiates Fund Transfer
3. Chooses a third party Account
4. Logs out
5. logs in to an authorizer account
6. Imacros ends right before the authorize button (I would prefer a human to toggle the authorize button it is also a means to recheck what the machine did)

I want the user to only be able to start using the webpage after the Macro is done. He isn't allowed to click anything on the page while the Macro is running.
deadlock2004

Re: I Want to Freeze screen while Playing

Post by deadlock2004 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 pm

could we have it minimized on tray and have it stay there (even if it was clicked) until it is done?