Fill up form for gumtree.sg

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox Add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Geckus

Fill up form for gumtree.sg

Post by Geckus » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:02 am

I'm not new to imacros. Heard of it for ages and have been using the plugin version. Currently gumtree.sg has changed its layout. And I'm unable to record once it reaches the description area. From what I can see it's a different if tame with a textarea. Everything is record except that. Please assist. It seems that no one here can give a straight answer for this. I've tried an evaluation of the imacros app. And it doesn't even save the recording to be played back. So they question is can it fill up the description for recording?
chivracq

Re: Fill up form for gumtree.sg

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Geckus wrote:I'm not new to imacros. Heard of it for ages and have been using the plugin version. Currently gumtree.sg has changed its layout. And I'm unable to record once it reaches the description area. From what I can see it's a different if tame with a textarea. Everything is record except that. Please assist. It seems that no one here can give a straight answer for this. I've tried an evaluation of the imacros app. And it doesn't even save the recording to be played back. So they question is can it fill up the description for recording?
CIM...! :mrgreen: => iMacros for FF...? + iMB v11...? (Read my Sig...)

"It seems that no one here can give a straight answer for this."
=> Well..., give us a chance to read (and hopefully answer) your Question before making such Statements, I would think...
I answered a similar Thread 2 months ago, using the EVENT Mode, which will work on iMacros for FF and iMB11...:
- Gumtree.co.za post macro doesn't recognise description field
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Trax

Re: Fill up form for gumtree.sg

Post by Trax » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Javascript + jQuery makes everything really easy :)