Run an automation when starting Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Oh.Canada

Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by Oh.Canada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm

How can I setup iMacros to allow an automation task when everytime Chrome starts? Google it online, it shows that we can create shortcut from iMacros.exe. However I can't find iMacros.exe in my Windows 10. It seems that I am only using iMacros for Chrome. In that case, how can I achieve what I expect above?

Thanks, Stephen
iimfun

Re: Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by iimfun » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 am

The main idea is to create a new html file having your included macro. Check it out:
http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... ne_Support

Note: instead of using the command line you can specify this file in the Chrome Settings:
On startup > Open a specific page or set of pages
Maybe it's possible to specify not a html file but a bookmarklet which launches a macro there. I haven't yet tested that profoundly.
Oh.Canada

Re: Run an automation when starting Chrome

Post by Oh.Canada » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:23 pm

It works, thanks a lot!