Run on click or run from the context menu

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
i-novice

Run on click or run from the context menu

Post by i-novice » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Hello, please tell me.
I need the simplest function for viewing images on such hosting as imagebam, acidimg etc ( opening the picture in the original size ).
Ideally should work this way: I click on the thumbnail, in a new tab a site with a picture opens, an auto click occurs - the picture opens in the original size.
I can not imagine how to make a macro that will work when you click certain links / thumbnails.
At me such variant:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:https://imx.to/i/* ATTR=NAME:imgContinue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://imx.to/*jpg
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE
I have to press a button "play macro", it's not very convenient :(
Please write examples of how to do this ( or launch imacros from the context menu ).
chivracq

Re: Run on click or run from the context menu

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:47 pm

i-novice wrote:Hello, please tell me.
I need the simplest function for viewing images on such hosting as imagebam, acidimg etc ( opening the picture in the original size ).
Ideally should work this way: I click on the thumbnail, in a new tab a site with a picture opens, an auto click occurs - the picture opens in the original size.
I can not imagine how to make a macro that will work when you click certain links / thumbnails.
At me such variant:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:https://imx.to/i/* ATTR=NAME:imgContinue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://imx.to/*jpg
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSE
I have to press a button "play macro", it's not very convenient :(
Please write examples of how to do this ( or launch imacros from the context menu ).
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v10.0.2.1450, 'Free'/'PE'...?, FF62...?, OS...?

I'm not "sure" what you intend to do in your Script with the "ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}", but if you intend to save that Content to some '.CSV' File, you'll need the 'PE' Version anyway for the 'SAVEAS' Command to work... :|

Well, nope, what you "want" is not supported/possible I think, iMacros works from the iMacros Side Panel, with the 'Play'/'Loop' Buttons or from a Double-Click on a Macro to run it, that's the way it was designed...

I'm not sure if it "still works" in v10.0.2, but at least until v8.9.7, you can start/pause/resume a Macro from the Spacebar, if the iMacros Side Panel has "the Focus" and the Cursor of your Mouse is located on the 'Play' Button... (Hum..., I think I had tried that during the Beta-Testing Phase on v10.0.2, and I think I remember it was not "supported"/working anymore, but I'm not completely sure anymore, I might be wrong...)

Another "Possibility" could be if you have your Macro as a Bookmark, if you maybe can find some FF Add-on that would add the Functionality that you want either with the Mouse Context Menu or some Hotkey Shortcut to that Bookmark/Macro, that could be an "Option" to investigate... :idea:

Another "Idea" or possible Workaround could be to use a "very long" '!TIMEOUT_STEP' just before one of your 2 'TAG' Statements and to have your Macro already running or looping, and it will simply "wait" (retrying every Second) until that 'TAG' Element has appeared on the Page... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...