Imacros does not fill Textarea

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
SimplyMaarten

Imacros does not fill Textarea

Post by SimplyMaarten » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 am

Hi,

I've been trying to upload clips and their discription from a csv to clips4sale with iMacros.
Everything works fine, but the filling of the description.

Specifics:
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Browser: internet explorer

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !TIMEOUT 120
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
ONERRORDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK
SET !DATASOURCE C4S-AFT-Clips.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 34
SET !LOOP 126
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
URL GOTO=https://admin.clips4sale.com/clips/show
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frm_add_edit_clip ATTR=NAME:ClipTitle CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=18 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:frm_add_edit_clip ATTR=ROLE:presentation&&TYPE:button&&TABINDEX:-1&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:tinymce CONTENT={{!COL2}}{{!COL8}}{{!COL4}}

It runs everything correctly up until the TEXTAREA. The script keeps going for another 30 lines and the rest of the script works perfectly.
However when trying to fill in the TEXTAREA, it does not give me any errors. It just does not fill it.

I've been looking around and trying a bunch of stuff, but can't seem to fix it.
When I record it iMacros gives me the following
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:*
This does not seem to work either.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem?
chivracq

Re: Imacros does not fill Textarea

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:21 am

SimplyMaarten wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 am
Hi,

I've been trying to upload clips and their discription from a csv to clips4sale with iMacros.
Everything works fine, but the filling of the description.

Specifics:

Code: Select all

iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Browser: internet explorer

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1     
SET !TIMEOUT 120    
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
ONERRORDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK 
SET !DATASOURCE C4S-AFT-Clips.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 34
SET !LOOP 126
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}   
URL GOTO=https://admin.clips4sale.com/clips/show
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:frm_add_edit_clip ATTR=NAME:ClipTitle CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=18 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:frm_add_edit_clip ATTR=ROLE:presentation&&TYPE:button&&TABINDEX:-1&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:tinymce CONTENT={{!COL2}}{{!COL8}}{{!COL4}}
It runs everything correctly up until the TEXTAREA. The script keeps going for another 30 lines and the rest of the script works perfectly.
However when trying to fill in the TEXTAREA, it does not give me any errors. It just does not fill it.

I've been looking around and trying a bunch of stuff, but can't seem to fix it.
When I record it iMacros gives me the following

TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:* 
This does not seem to work either.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem?

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Ah-hum...!, I was going to tell you to use the 'EVENT' Mode to fill in this 'TEXTAREA' Field, from the v9.0.3 for FF Version in your Script but your FCI mentions that you are actually using iMB v10.0.2 + IE in a Version not mentioned, but iMB v10.0.2 is a pretty old Version and the 'EVENT' Mode was not implemented/supported in this Version yet...

The Site is being Login&Password, so I can't have a look..., then hum..., yep, the 'EVENT' Mode would be the "best" Option I would think, if the 'TAG' Mode is not working... Or in iMB v10.0.2, you can also try with the 'DS' Mode, that could work...
And yep indeed, the 'TAG' Mode is "known" to have "Difficulties" with 'tinymce' (or the other way around amybe...!?), while the 'EVENT' Mode works fine with this 'tinymce' Editor... :| (You will find several Threads on the Forum if you search on "tinymce"...)

... Or use a different FCI for which the 'EVENT' Mode is supported, like the v9.0.3 for FF Version for example, visible from your Script, and that you probably already have installed, or even "better", v8.9.7 for FF which also works in the same FF Versions like v9.0.3, recommended = FF v55.0.3, but it works also in Pale Moon v28 or Basilisk v2019/2020.

iMB v12.6 + iMacros for CR v10.0.5 + iMacros for IE v12.6 also support the 'EVENT' Mode, but "current" Version iMacros for FF v10.0.2 (not to "confuse" with iMB v10.0.2) for FF[56-75+] does not support it. :(

v8.9.7 for FF might be the best Option, as the 'EVENT' Mode is pretty slow in "typing"/filling in an Input Field, and that might take a while if your Description is a bit long, which can be sped up by doing a 'Copy&Paste' from the OS Clipboard (=> 'Ctrl^v'), but this requires the 'MODIFIERS' Parameter for the 'EVENT' Mode (=> for the 'Control'/'Ctrl' part in 'Ctrl^v') and this Param is only supported in iMacros for FF until v9.0.3.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...