Chromebook and silent mode

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
OBXLL

Chromebook and silent mode

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 am

Hi,

I've got an iMacros script that is working fine - it downloads a file from a weather website. I'm running it in a loop.

I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.

Is it possible to run my setup in silent mode? The examples I see have silent mode as a switch when launching Chrome on Windows.

I can get to a crosh window, but can launch chrome from there, and not sure if the switch would work on a non-windows setup.

I'd like to run my script in the background.

Thanks,

Glenn
chivracq

Re: Chromebook and silent mode

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 am

OBXLL wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 am
Hi,

I've got an iMacros script that is working fine - it downloads a file from a weather website. I'm running it in a loop.

I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.

Is it possible to run my setup in silent mode? The examples I see have silent mode as a switch when launching Chrome on Windows.

I can get to a crosh window, but can launch chrome from there, and not sure if the switch would work on a non-windows setup.

I'd like to run my script in the background.

Thanks,

Glenn

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
"I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.", is not "precise" enough, simply mention all Versions, read my Sig...
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.0(...?) 'Free', CR87(...?), OS...?

+ I don't know/understand what a "crosh window" is, can you explain/give more Info...?

Can you post a Link/Ref to the "examples you see [that] have silent mode as a switch"...?, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, or do you mean the '-silent' and/or '-tray' Switches from the iMacros 'CLI' Syntax...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
OBXLL

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 am

The crosh window is similar to the command or cmd box opened up in Windows. It is text interface to run things like ping, tracepath. I don't think it will launch applications like Windows.

By switch, yes I meant -silent.
OBXLL

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am

OK, so I see that -silent is not available in the "free" mode.

So since I need to upgrade to Personal Edition, and Personal Edition only runs on Windows, I guess I've answered my own question.]