How to search a string and if found Click the Checkbox?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
soulgeek

How to search a string and if found Click the Checkbox?

Post by soulgeek » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:46 am

Folks,

I have few keywords on a CSV.

I want to go to say: abc.com/checkme

I want to pick first keyword from CSV >> go to abc.com/checkme >> Search for that Keyword >> Once found >> Click the Check box near that Keyword

Then Next Keyword from CSV >> go to abc.com/checkme >> Search for that Keyword >> Once found >> Click the Check box near that Keyword

Thats's it...

How can this be achieved? I have Imacro Scripting Edition.

Help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks All
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: How to search a string and if found Click the Checkbox?

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Hello,

Of course that is possible with iMacros!
Please see the "Demo-Loop-Csv-2-Web" demo for working with CSV files as well as this article. Here is info on the !LOOP variable that you will need to use when working with CSV. Keyword search is described here. And here is how to set a checkbox.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
soulgeek

Post by soulgeek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Dear Danial,

I am still not able to achieve this, i have read what all you suggested, but all in vain.

Can you have a look at the website i want to search for keyword and click the Checkbox.

Its actually my Wordpress blog, and i can send u My Login Details.

What can i send my ID and Pass?

Thanks Danial
soulgeek

Post by soulgeek » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Ok consider this thread closed....

I think it can not be done with Imacro.. it seems the tag position is dynamic...
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi, well the tag position could be dynamic, but are there no other unique attributes which can be used to distinguish the control you need?
Daniel, iOpus Support