Sidebar disappeared, want it back

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Sidebar disappeared, want it back

by talonts on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 pm

On previous versions of iMacros, when I ran a macro from a bookmark, it would open the sidebar and run the macro. I just updated to 8.8.1 a couple of days ago, and it opens the small floating box instead. I don't see anywhere in the Settings that I can change this back. I WANT the sidebar, unlike most people. How can I set it to open automatically, without having to edit every one of my macros?

Along with this, some of my macros ended with a mouse-click to end the cursor in a text entry box. They don't seem to work properly with the latest version, the cursor does not end in those boxes. I can open a new thread if needed on this one.
talonts

Re: Sidebar disappeared, want it back

by chivracq on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 am

talonts wrote:On previous versions of iMacros, when I ran a macro from a bookmark, it would open the sidebar and run the macro. I just updated to 8.8.1 a couple of days ago, and it opens the small floating box instead. I don't see anywhere in the Settings that I can change this back. I WANT the sidebar, unlike most people. How can I set it to open automatically, without having to edit every one of my macros?

No Browser Version...

Indeed, you are right, I had not noticed... But I find the Behaviour actually logical...: If you start your Bookmarklet with the iMacros Sidebar not open, then you get the Floating Box, if you start it with the iMacros Sidebar open, then you get in running in the Sidebar... I would agree with that Behaviour...

When you get the Floating Box, with just one Click on it, you get the Sidebar, so that's just one extra Click, so that shouldn't be a problem... unless you start your Macro from a Batch File or a FF Shortcut...?

What do you mean with "without having to edit every one of my macros?"...?
(Because I will have a Solution for you to toggle the Sidebar open/closed that will require adding a Line to your Macros...)

talonts wrote:Along with this, some of my macros ended with a mouse-click to end the cursor in a text entry box. They don't seem to work properly with the latest version, the cursor does not end in those boxes. I can open a new thread if needed on this one.

I don't understand what you mean... Open a new Thread indeed I would say... And post (the faulty Line(s) of) your Script (with URL) to understand and reproduce your Problem...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by talonts on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:51 am

Sorry, FF 28.0.

Before the latest iMacros update, however, the sidebar would still open when running a FF bookmark, even in 28.0.

Yes, I know that I can click on the floating to open the sidebar, but many of my bookmarks complete too quickly for me to do so. A lot of them are sweeps entries that enter my info, then pause and wait for me to complete the captcha, then I click Continue to run it again for my wife's info. This was easier to do with the sidebar open, because I always have [too many] windows open of various types, so the screen is very busy. Accessing from the sidebar is just easier for me.

This happened before many FF/iMacro versions before, and unfortunately I do not remember what I was able to do to get the sidebar back again.

It would be nice to have an Options setting to force the sidebar open (or not). If I need to file an RFE, please let me know. But if I need to edit the macros, please do let me know the line, thanks.

As for the latter issue, when running a sweeps entry, the last line of the macro would place the cursor within the captcha test entry box. This worked fine until I upgraded to the latest iMacros.

The line:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:http://www.SnapHost.com/captcha/WebFormSubmit.aspx ATTR=ID:CaptchaCode CONTENT=

That was created simply by clicking in the captcha text entry box while recording the macro. With the current version, it does not scroll the screen down nor put the cursor in that box (at least with older recorded macros - I have not recorded new ones under the new version). Not a huge issue, but it did save me some time for each macro when it worked in the last iMacro version.
talonts

by chivracq on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:38 pm

They (the iMacros Developers) tried to please everybody with the 2 Behaviours, Sidebar or Floating Box depending on if the Sidebar is already opened before launching a Bookmarklet..., though I agree with you, it's always preferable to have control with some Option in the Settings...

F8 (if you've enabled it in the Options) allows you to toggle the Sidebar open/closed from the Keyboard and I didn't want to mention it in my previous Post (waiting for what you meant with "without having to edit every one of my macros?") and that's what you can use as well to programmatically achieve the same Result in your Macros if you place that Line above in your Macro:
Code: Select all
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY" KEY=119

But realize that it's a Toggle ON/OFF, so if you once start your Bookmarklet with the Sidebar already opened, it will close it!

Some other Option for you is to customize your iMacros Add-on like I've explained in the following Threads, but it's more for advanced Users...!:
Re: Extend Imacros with new commands?
Unresponsive script warning while executing iim from js file

About your 2nd Question (I thought you were supposed to open a new Thread...), I have the feeling that you jumped from a v7.5 or early v8.x Version to v8.8.1, because the Scroll-to Behaviour has changed a lot several times (and is still buggy...!) in the last 2-3-4 Versions...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox