Error -921 in macro that used to work

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Error -921 in macro that used to work

by MacroUser on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Hello,

I've been using an iMacro for about a year and it suddenly stopped working, saying a tag it is looking for is not found (error -921). I checked the code on the webpage and the tag it's looking for is still there. Can someone please explain why I'm having this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Here is the macro:

VERSION BUILD=8300326 RECORDER=FX
URL GOTO=http://www.corrlinks.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginUserNameTextBox CONTENT=<e-mail>
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginPasswordTextBox CONTENT=<pw>

The error I get when I run it is:

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginUserNameTextBox was not found, line 3 (Error code: -921)

The requested background info is:

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
FireFox says I am running iMacros for Firefox 8.8.2, last updated May 25, 2014.
My macro says "VERSION BUILD=8300326"

2. What operating system are you using?
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit English

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
FireFox v 30.0

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
I ran FillForm.iim. I got a page that said "Form Submitted" with no errors.

5. If reporting a problem with the Scripting Interface, please also test if the included VBS sample scripts run ok.
Not applicable (I think).

6. If recording or replay fails on a specific website: Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the imacro that creates the problem?
Macro code given above.
MacroUser

Re: Error -921 in macro that used to work

by chivracq on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:25 pm

MacroUser wrote:Hello,

I've been using an iMacro for about a year and it suddenly stopped working, saying a tag it is looking for is not found (error -921). I checked the code on the webpage and the tag it's looking for is still there. Can someone please explain why I'm having this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Here is the macro:

Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginUserNameTextBox CONTENT=<e-mail>
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginPasswordTextBox CONTENT=<pw>

The error I get when I run it is:

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginUserNameTextBox was not found, line 3 (Error code: -921)

The requested background info is:

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
FireFox says I am running iMacros for Firefox 8.8.2, last updated May 25, 2014.
My macro says "VERSION BUILD=8300326"

2. What operating system are you using?
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit English

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
FireFox v 30.0

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
I ran FillForm.iim. I got a page that said "Form Submitted" with no errors.

5. If reporting a problem with the Scripting Interface, please also test if the included VBS sample scripts run ok.
Not applicable (I think).

6. If recording or replay fails on a specific website: Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the imacro that creates the problem?
Macro code given above.

Compliments on the "background" Config Info...

You "checked the code on the webpage and the tag it's looking for is still there"..., but you missed the fact that "FORM=NAME" has now changed into "FORM=ID"..., so the following should work:
'URL GOTO=https://www.corrlinks.com/Login.aspx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginUserNameTextBox CONTENT=<e-mail>
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginPasswordTextBox CONTENT=<pw>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_mainContentPlaceHolder_loginButton

Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2 on Pale Moon v24.6.2 (=FF30) on Win7-64.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by MacroUser on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Thank you chivracq. That did it!
MacroUser

by jems fernando911 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Hello everyone, can you guys tell me how to solve this problem :(

RuntimeError: element A btn-small * was not found, line 4 (Error code: -921)

And this tag in it

1. VERSION BUILD = 9030808 RECORDER = FX
2. SET! LOOP -10
3. TAB T = 1
4. TAG POS = 1 TYPE = A ATTR = class: btn <SP> btn-small *
5. WAIT SECONDS = 70
6. TAB CLOSE

I hope someone can help me solve this problem
jems fernando911

by chivracq on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:31 pm

jems fernando911 wrote:Hello everyone, can you guys tell me how to solve this problem :(
RuntimeError: element A btn-small * was not found, line 4 (Error code: -921)

And this tag in it

1. VERSION BUILD = 9030808 RECORDER = FX
2. SET! LOOP -10
3. TAB T = 1
4. TAG POS = 1 TYPE = A ATTR = class: btn <SP> btn-small *
5. WAIT SECONDS = 70
6. TAB CLOSE

I hope someone can help me solve this problem

Grrr..., Thread approved because no Spam but you could have better opened a new Thread, I don't go digging in this older Thread from 3 years ago unless you mention the "Relationship"...

+ FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF53...?, OS...?

You must be using some Editor which is adding many unnecessary and a few probably/definitely wrong extra Spaces that could/would cause some Syntax Error... => Post your "real" Script without all those extra Spaces...
=> Very probably playing a role as the RuntimeError you post doesn't correspond to the Class of your Link for your Line_4 'TAG' Statement...

And, pfff, not much we can do if you don't post the Full Script with the URL to your Page/Site... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Ah-ah...!, @MacroUser, I see you Online checking your Thread, don't worry, some Newbie polluting your Thread a little bit, ah-ah...! :twisted:
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Firefox