call .iim file on android

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

call .iim file on android

by ixtlan on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:41 pm

So I got a imacros-script that I need to run on an android phone. I read all day about this and installed Pale Moon 26.9.6 with extension imacros 8.8.2.1 I had no problems on installation.
My problem is, I simply dont know how I can call the script from the android. I tried to input imacros://run/?m=%5C%5Cstorage%5Cemulat ... rofile.iim in the URL field, I tried to directly open the iim file with pale moon (only can see the file's text then). I searched all over the internet but I didnt find any hint on that.
Can someone please help me?

Thanks!
ixtlan

Re: call .iim file on android

by chivracq on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 am

ixtlan wrote:So I got a imacros-script that I need to run on an android phone. I read all day about this and installed
Code: Select all
Pale Moon 26.9.6 with extension imacros 8.8.2.1
I had no problems on installation.

My problem is, I simply dont know how I can call the script from the android. I tried to input imacros://run/?m=%5C%5Cstorage%5Cemulat ... rofile.iim in the URL field, I tried to directly open the iim file with pale moon (only can see the file's text then). I searched all over the internet but I didnt find any hint on that.

Thanks!

Hum, I don't know anything about iMacros (for FF) specific to Android, as I don't even have a SmartPhone, ah-ah...!
=> I don't really understand your Pb, the Syntax you are using is meant for calling an ('.iim') Macro from an '.iim' Macro...
... Or if you want to start a Macro from an OS/Browser Shortcut or from a '.BAT' File...

But have a look at the following Thread where Advanced User @alex686 developed an App to allow you to manage your iMacros Macros from an (Android ao) (Mobile) Device, maybe that can be a Solution for you...:
- Managing iMacros remotely with GetBot Control Panel

And if you post in his Thread (with a Link to your current Thread), he will notice your Reply and will probably be able to help you...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by ixtlan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:55 am

chivracq wrote:
ixtlan wrote:So I got a imacros-script that I need to run on an android phone. I read all day about this and installed
Code: Select all
Pale Moon 26.9.6 with extension imacros 8.8.2.1
I had no problems on installation.

Thanks!

Hum, I don't know anything about iMacros (for FF) specific to Android, as I don't even have a SmartPhone, ah-ah...!
=> I don't really understand your Pb, the Syntax you are using is meant for calling an ('.iim') Macro from an '.iim' Macro...
... Or if you want to start a Macro from an OS/Browser Shortcut or from a '.BAT' File...

But have a look at the following Thread where Advanced User @alex686 developed an App to allow you to manage your iMacros Macros from an (Android ao) (Mobile) Device, maybe that can be a Solution for you...:
- Managing iMacros remotely with GetBot Control Panel

And if you post in his Thread (with a Link to your current Thread), he will notice your Reply and will probably be able to help you...

I really just want to start the macro. As on normal PC I have the sidebar and just click play. Thats not possible in PM on Android, so that is the question, yes.

Thanks for your answer, that other thread is not helpful for me. I need to run script directly on android because I need the IP to change all the time. Thats why I bought this android in the first place, but I already ordered a cheap laptop with 3G functionality because I have kind of given up getting this to run on android.
ixtlan

by chivracq on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:46 am

ixtlan wrote:I really just want to start the macro. As on normal PC I have the sidebar and just click play. Thats not possible in PM on Android, so that is the question, yes.

Thanks for your answer, that other thread is not helpful for me. I need to run script directly on android because I need the IP to change all the time. Thats why I bought this android in the first place, but I already ordered a cheap laptop with 3G functionality because I have kind of given up getting this to run on android.

OK, I've never seen how iMacros (for FF) "behaves" on an Android Device on FF or PM (I use PM as well myself, my FCI: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3, Win10-x64), so if I understand you correctly, you don't get the iMacros Side-Panel from where you can start a Macro with 'Play' or 'Loop', hum, OK...! And I guess you don't have any 'F8' HotKey on Android from which you can toggle the Side-Panel open/closed, maybe you can specify some other Key available on Android...

Solution for you otherwise could be to convert your Macros to Bookmarklets from some "standard" Desktop/Laptop Environment with Right Click from the Side-Panel & 'Add to Bookmark', then I guess you will be able to run your Macros from your Android Device...

And hum, changing IP's using 'GetBot' from @alex686 could be an EnhReq for him, I guess you want to use a Proxy, I'm not completely sure if the Macros still run from your own Device or if they run from his Server, but if they run from his Server, adding Proxy Support could definitely be a "Legit" new Feature for him, I guess... (He's quite reactive and supportive, especially for Users using/interested by his App, ah-ah...!)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by garryjoshi on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:03 am

I am working on a similar project where I'm required to run an .iim file on android phone but couldn't get a way around. Have you been able to work it out @ixtlan?

Garry Joshi
ShowBox Mobdro TutuApp
garryjoshi

Return to iMacros for Firefox