If statement on Like

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

If statement on Like

by BossRyan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

I apologize if this is the wrong section in the forum.

I am trying to write a simple iMacro that will allow my browser to like posts on instagram based on tags. The code I am having issue with is this

Code: Select all
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*5 + 3); randomNumber;")
  TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Like
  TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Next
  WAIT SECONDS={{!VAR1}}

What I need is an IF statement that says "IF Like = True, Then go to next post"

Currently if it comes across a post that is already liked the script stops and doesn't know how to continue.

Any suggestions?
BossRyan

Re: If statement on Like

by chivracq on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 pm

BossRyan wrote:I apologize if this is the wrong section in the forum.

I am trying to write a simple iMacro that will allow my browser to like posts on instagram based on tags. The code I am having issue with is this

Code: Select all
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*5 + 3); randomNumber;")
  TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Like
  TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Next
  WAIT SECONDS={{!VAR1}}

What I need is an IF statement that says "IF Like = True, Then go to next post"

Currently if it comes across a post that is already liked the script stops and doesn't know how to continue.

Any suggestions?

Section (= 'General' Sub-Forum) is the correct one... (and the one to select when in doubt...), but FCI is missing...:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Though to manage your "Expectations", I won't be helping you on this one as I don't help Users for Like/Follow/Post on Social Media + Forums (+ Spam/Games/Votes/Captcha/DDos/Hacking), but maybe one day you'll need my Help (for some other Thread(s) meeting my "ethical Standards", ah-ah...!), but I then only help Users using the Forum "a bit correctly", which means (for all their Threads): "FCI mentioned" + "neat Follow-up" + "Solution shared"... (+ "correct Sub-Forum" + "Descriptive Thread Title" but those 2 parts are already correct, hum, even if you could mention "Instagram" in the Thread Title to make it a little bit more descriptive/explicit..., but OK, no big deal...)

But I'm not the only Advanced User on the Forum, so good luck anyway... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by BossRyan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:43 pm

The script is for business purposes. We are trying to ease some stress for our social media girl who is having a very hard time. Not that it matters. I am glad you got ethics, but I'm not sure posting your long write up was respectful or warranted. All I need to know is how to create an IF statement. If you aren't willing to help, then why post on my topic?

If nobody is willing to help that's fine, but posting your high almighty comments quite frankly was uncalled for.
BossRyan

by chivracq on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 pm

BossRyan wrote:The script is for business purposes. We are trying to ease some stress for our social media girl who is having a very hard time. Not that it matters. I am glad you got ethics, but I'm not sure posting your long write up was respectful or warranted. All I need to know is how to create an IF statement. If you aren't willing to help, then why post on my topic?

If nobody is willing to help that's fine, but posting your high almighty comments quite frankly was uncalled for.

"... then why post on my topic?" + "... was uncalled for."
=> I posted on your Topic because you couldn't get bothered to read the Forum Rules for Required Info to include when you open a Thread (or post for the first time in some existing Thread) if you expect some Help and want to speed up the Process instead of having your Thread rot, and even if I am honest to tell you I won't be helping you on this one, I'm usually your "best Friend" on the Forum... and that you should mention your FCI...
But OK, never mind, I was just trying to help you, ah-ah...!

Hum, and using Instagram for Business with Automated Likes is a funny Joke, you are about 2 years behind now, you should study a bit the Instagram Algorithm... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions