TAG EXTRACT AUTO LOOPS with R1

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

TAG EXTRACT AUTO LOOPS with R1

by bigdonk22 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:05 am

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=H5 ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:*exp* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=D:\Folder FILE=data

I am only a few days into using iMacros, but with Google and this forum I found enough to make some usable macros. However I am stuck on this one and can't find a workaround.

The above code works great, however the TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar doesn't always appear 3 times as my code is looking for. It can appear anywhere from 0-6 times on the page.

I was just testing it when 'msgsidebar' shows up 2 times and there is no third, yet the R1 automatically loops to the first one creating duplicate data instead of returning nothing for the third instance.

Basically, I would like to do:

For each TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar in the page EXTRACT 4 TAGs as above into the data file.

Thanks.
bigdonk22

Re: TAG EXTRACT AUTO LOOPS with R1

by chivracq on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:05 pm

bigdonk22 wrote:
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT NULL

I am only a few days into using iMacros, but with Google and this forum I found enough to make some usable macros. However I am stuck on this one and can't find a workaround.

The above code works great, however the TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar doesn't always appear 3 times as my code is looking for. It can appear anywhere from 0-6 times on the page.

I was just testing it when 'msgsidebar' shows up 2 times and there is no third, yet the R1 automatically loops to the first one creating duplicate data instead of returning nothing for the third instance.

Basically, I would like to do:

For each TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar in the page EXTRACT 4 TAGs as above into the data file.

Thanks.

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)
iMacros for CR v8.4.4, CR52...?, OS...?

And hum, your Qt/Case has nothing specific to only iMacros for CR, you would get the same Behaviour in all Browsers, you could better have posted in the 'General' Sub-Forum... But OK, no need to duplicate, it's fine for now but don't be surprised if you can't find your Thread again it might get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum...

>>>

OK, for your Qt, hum, first "... and there is no third, yet the R1 automatically loops to the first one..." is not possible, or the Data on the Page is contained twice (and once Hidden then)... You should check with 'POS=1 / 2 /3 / 4 / etc' until not found anymore how many 'TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar' Elements iMacros can find (and compare with how many you expected...!).

A bit more "Standard" way to build your Script would be to use 'POS=n' for all 'TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar' Elements instead of making all Extracts Relative to the first one:
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT NULL

'>
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT
'>
TAG POS=3 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT

To know how many "real" Extracts you can expect on the Page, you could then start by trying to extract POS=12 (if the Elements are indeed Double on the Page), then POS=10, POS=8 etc... and using 'EVAL()' to spit out the relevant 1/2/3/4/5/6 Values for 'POS=n' on the Anchor or a 0 if there are no more 'msgsidebar' Elements to expect ("TAG POS=0" won't do anything.)

Other Method to determine the total Nb of 'msgsidebar' Elements is to first start by doing an "EXTRACT=HTM" on some higher HTML Element containing all 'DIV's, which will be another 'DIV' probably, or at 'TYPE=BODY' or 'TYPE=HTML' Level otherwise, and using 'EVAL()' + the Length of the Array returned by "split('msgsidebar')" for example to deduct the number of those Elements.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by bigdonk22 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Chrome: 54.0.2840.71
Imacro: 8.4.4

Thanks for the reply, I will try and see if it is duplicated somewhere that I don't see before I try using EVAL. Baby Steps :D

I will report back my findings.
bigdonk22

by chivracq on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:19 pm

bigdonk22 wrote:
Chrome: 54.0.2840.71
Imacro: 8.4.4

Thanks for the reply, I will try and see if it is duplicated somewhere that I don't see before I try using EVAL. Baby Steps :D

I will report back my findings.

OK, perfect for FCI... Woaw!, Chrome is already at CR54, ah-ah...!

Yep, post your Results and final Script to make the Thread useful for other Users as well or if you get stuck, together with the URL of your Site or some HTML Saveas of the Page uploaded to your Thread (zipped, Max 256Kb) if you don't come out by yourself...

Here is already some relevant Thread that can help you for the "split + length + array" Solution I mentioned at the end of my previous Reply:
- Number of Options in a Select tag
And Advanced User @iimfun had posted a few weeks ago another Solution in some other Thread where I had posted the same Link to the same Thread, in which he used 'match()' instead of 'split()'...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by bigdonk22 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Well, you are indeed 100% correct. It appears it is hidden somewhere else causing my duplicates. I ran the extract with POS 1-12 and when it should have returned 2 results, it returned 4 instead!

I was able to find where the 2 instances were using the extract htm on HTML. I am not real familiar with the EVAL command yet and stripping or anything so I just found a DIV just before the second instance and extracted it then clear the extract and used the R1 method to make the script work. I am sure it isn't proper as you mentioned, but I may try it out for a bit until I become more familiar with iMacros.

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:L4slide EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL

I know you had mentioned to specify positions, but this was the easiest method for me to get it to work. Feel free to pick it apart and tell me how it should be.
bigdonk22

by chivracq on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 pm

bigdonk22 wrote:Well, you are indeed 100% correct. It appears it is hidden somewhere else causing my duplicates. I ran the extract with POS 1-12 and when it should have returned 2 results, it returned 4 instead!

I was able to find where the 2 instances were using the extract htm on HTML. I am not real familiar with the EVAL command yet and stripping or anything so I just found a DIV just before the second instance and extracted it then clear the extract and used the R1 method to make the script work. I am sure it isn't proper as you mentioned, but I may try it out for a bit until I become more familiar with iMacros.

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:L4slide EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL

I know you had mentioned to specify positions, but this was the easiest method for me to get it to work. Feel free to pick it apart and tell me how it should be.

"Well, you are indeed 100% correct."
=> Yep I know, that's my Pb, I'm always right!, I wouldn't be moderating/monitoring this Forum otherwise, oops...!, I think in the nearly 5000 Posts I made since I registered on the Forum (posted once a Bug and started directly answering Threads, while waiting on Answers from TechSup on my Bug..., which never came, oops...!) that I might have made 6-8 Mistakes..., which I always recognized as soon as I was aware of them, but oops that sounds like 99.9% always Reliable..., oh-oh...!, I wouldn't trust myself that much to be honest, oops...! Hum, funny Thread, I had never done the Stats/Maths before..., looks creepy-creepy to be honest, ah-ah...! (Even if I recently came across Replies from me from 2 or 3 years ago, and for many I was "Waow!" (I had to think before I understood the content..., positively auto-impressed, ah-ah...!), but for a few i thought "Hum, I would now have a different Answer, well "different" = "more complete"..., I never say anything wrong, otherwise I would have corrected it straight away as soon as I had noticed it, but sometimes, 2 or 3 years later, my Answer would have been a bit different, meaning usually more Complete...
OK, that was my mini-Rant to myself...

But at @OP hum, you still reuse your original Script, mini-Advice, mine is a better Start-point..., believe me, 10 years Experience, ah-ah...!, if you can understand from above, I'm usually always "right", oops...!
OK. Follow-up is how you will handle the Nb of 'msg' Elements, I'll be following you, ah=ah...!
Last edited by chivracq on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

by bigdonk22 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:07 am

UPDATING this as I made more progress...I think :?

TAG POS=??? TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT

This is the main line I need to find. It will appear anywhere form 0-12 times total(since we determined it is duplicated).

For instance, if it appears 4 times I only need to extract the first 2, 6 times extract first 3, 8 times extract first 4, etc...

I successfully counted the occurrences: (and divided it by 2)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BODY ATTR=ID:home EXTRACT=HTM
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var m = '{{!EXTRACT}}'.match(/\\bmsgsidebarb\\b/ig); if (!m) '0'; else ''+m.length/2+'';")
SET !EXTRACT NULL

So now I just need to run the TAG msgsidebar until TAG POS is greater than !VAR1

I could probably use some help on the "proper" way to accomplish this. Also, how would I .match "msgsidebar" if it was actually "msg sidebar" with a space in it. (had this issue before and just curious)

One thing I know is that I do not want to have to click the Play Macro button and do a loop. I want to be able to run this by clicking the bookmark.
bigdonk22

by bigdonk22 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:28 pm

I am so close I can taste it. I got this to work correctly leaving out the additional 3 rows of data for now. Figured I should just work with "msgsidebar" part first.
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT NULL

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var m = '{{!EXTRACT}}'.match(/\\bmsgsidebar\\b/ig); if (!m) '0'; else ''+m.length/2+'';")
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !VAR2 1
SET !VAR3 EVAL ("var c = '{{!VAR2}}'; var t = '{{!VAR1}}'; if (c>t) '0'; else ''+c+'';")
TAG POS={{!VAR3}} TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:msgsidebar EXTRACT=TXT
ADD !VAR2 1
SET !VAR3 EVAL ("var c = '{{!VAR2}}'; var t = '{{!VAR1}}'; if (c>t) '0'; else ''+c+'';")
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1

Works perfectly since POS=0 doesn't export anything. However, I have a new problem. I need each individual "msgsidebar" to be on their own line in the output file.

So I added all the extra SAVEAS comands and now POS=0 still outputs double quotes in the file since it is on a line by itself returning null.
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT NULL

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var m = '{{!EXTRACT}}'.match(/\\bl3msgsb\\b/ig); if (!m) '0'; else ''+m.length/2+'';")
SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1
ADD !VAR2 1

If I only have one SAVEAS command, it works great, but now that I need each set of extracts to be on an individual line I created a new problem. It puts double quotes for no results in the output file.

Is there a way to tell it not to run the SAVEAS if the extract is null or do I go back to the original way with a single SAVEAS at the end and then figure out how to split the data or something?

If I go back to the first script I was thinking I could ADD something to the EXTRACT after every "msgsidebar" as a marker to manipulate in a batch file or using the split command. I don't understand split at all yet though.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by bigdonk22 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdonk22

by bigdonk22 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:31 pm

I have it all working now. :mrgreen:

I stuck with the first script of the two in the reply above, but just added a "ADD !EXTRACT" command for a named separator and separated everything using a batch file. I am running a batch file on the data anyway so it works great now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
bigdonk22

by chivracq on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 am

bigdonk22 wrote:I have it all working now. :mrgreen:

I stuck with the first script of the two in the reply above, but just added a "ADD !EXTRACT" command for a named separator and separated everything using a batch file. I am running a batch file on the data anyway so it works great now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Oh...!, good to hear...!
I had seen your few previous Posts yesterday but didn't really have much time to go digging in your Thread, WE's are always a bit busy for me, ah-ah...! (I'm a DJ...)

Very nice to see that with just a little bit of Help, you managed to do most of "the work" yourself and find a working Solution by yourself, even if I think there might be a Solution a little bit more "simple" than yours but if your Solution works for you, then it's already good enough, I would think..., and I guess with the time and a bit more Experience, you'll be able to improve/tune it by yourself...

Interesting for the Forum and useful for other Users would be if you could post your final Script in some "Thread closing Post" to finish this Thread "neatly", together as well with the Batch File you are using, as we don't have many Examples of Batch Files, especially for "Post-Processing"... :idea:
(And you can add the '[SOLVED]' Tag to your Thread Title, that always helps other Users to find it... :idea: )
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome