Send ENTER key click

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Send ENTER key click

by olympicpaul on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 am

Is it possible to send an ENTER key click in the Chrome extension version? What would be the code to program in this event?
olympicpaul

Re: Send ENTER key click

by chivracq on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:57 pm

olympicpaul wrote:Is it possible to send an ENTER key click in the Chrome extension version? What would be the code to program in this event?

FCIM...! :mrgreen:

Yep, it's possible but it will only work if you are using v8.4.4 on CR, you simply record your Action using the EVENT Mode...

But hum, I don't know what you mean exactly by "send an ENTER key click", "Click" is with the Mouse, 'ENTER' is with the Keyboard...! :?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Send ENTER

by olympicpaul on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks, let me try to clarify my question. On the web page I am working with there is a javascript that pops up a confirm box. To confirm I can either press the enter key on the keyboard or use the mouse to click the OK box on the confirm popup. Neither of these actions record. (I am using version 844 with Chrome, experimental event recording mode turned on, Windows 10). Is there a way to use iMacros to get this confirm box to return true so things can proceed?
olympicpaul

Re: Send ENTER

by chivracq on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:11 pm

olympicpaul wrote:Thanks, let me try to clarify my question. On the web page I am working with there is a javascript that pops up a confirm box. To confirm I can either press the enter key on the keyboard or use the mouse to click the OK box on the confirm popup. Neither of these actions record.
Code: Select all
(I am using version 844 with Chrome, experimental event recording mode turned on, Windows 10).
Is there a way to use iMacros to get this confirm box to return true so things can proceed?

Oh...!, I nearly didn't read your Reply as your FCI was "hidden" in the middle of your Post...
Always mention your FCI clearly when you open a Thread, preferably at the Top of your Post, I don't read or answer Threads when this required Info is missing, read my Sig..., and CR Version is still missing, CR52/54 I reckon...

>>>

But hum, for your Case, it's because you probably need 'ONDIALOG' to handle the Popup but this Command is unfortunately not supported by iMacros for CR according to the Wiki...

You can indeed try issuing a "generic" 'ENTER' at the Browser/Window Level which might get "interpreted" by the Browser as meant for the Popup:
Code: Select all
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=13

And if it doesn't work, you have some older Thread on the Forum about simulating Mouse Clicks and Events from JavaScript, it is linked to from the Wiki Page for the 'CLICK' Command I think, but it's a bit complex and I've never tried implementing it...

And otherwise, use FF or IE which do support 'ONDIALOG'...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by olympicpaul on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks. I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but it was easy in Firefox.
olympicpaul

by chivracq on Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:21 pm

olympicpaul wrote:Thanks. I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but it was easy in Firefox.

Ah, OK, good to hear and Thanks for the Feedback... :D

But, hum..., you didn't mention/confirm your CR Version even if I guess it probably doesn't play a role, CR is a bit less "horrible" at breaking Commands with iMacros than FF is, but I won't react next time you open a new Thread if you don't mention directly your complete FCI...
(I only help Users using the Forum "a bit correctly", and mentioning their FCI in their OP when opening a new Thread or posting for the first time in some existing Thread is one of my "Criteria"... + Neat Follow-up and sharing their Solution in all their Threads, see next Paragraph...)

And you could have given a few more Details than just "I couldn't get it to work in Chrome but it was easy in Firefox."...:
=> + Confirm if it was related to 'ONDIALOG' like I thought.
=> + Mention/confirm if you still had to use the 'EVENT' Mode and/or if it worked as well in the Standard 'TAG' Mode.
=> + You could/should have shared your final Script to make this Thread a bit more useful for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Case.
=> + Mention in which FCI you managed to get it to work in FF.

But OK, never mind, glad your Pb is solved... 8)
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome