subscripts

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

subscripts

by bcmillerway on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:35 pm

iMacros v 844 (Chrome extension)
Chrome v 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)

I can't find anything that might indicate that a script can run other scripts except from something like a Windows batch file.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
bcmillerway

Re: subscripts

by chivracq on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:47 pm

bcmillerway wrote:
Code: Select all
iMacros v 844 (Chrome extension)
Chrome v 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)

I can't find anything that might indicate that a script can run other scripts except from something like a Windows batch file.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (OS is missing, you mention "Windows batch file" but it's not clear if you are on a Win OS...)

Yep a Batch File is a way to link several Macros together, works for all OS'es and all Browsers...

With iMacros for FF, you can have a main '.js' Script calling '.iim' Sub-Macros using 'iimPlay()' and '.iim' Macros can even call other '.iim' Macros or even '.js' Scripts using some unsupported Syntax:
Code: Select all
URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Second<SP>Script.iim/js
But it only works on FF.

For CR, Advanced User @iimfun recently posted a Method, it's bit cumbersome and complex but well..., if it works...! The Principle is to embed your Sub-Macro(s) as Bookmarklet(s) in your (main) Script. More info in the following Thread:
- Chrome alternative for commands 'CLICK' and 'imacros://run/'

An easier way I would think, which should work for all Browsers I think, would be to use another Method he had posted before which consists of embedding a Macro into a Link or Button (on some (local) Web-Page in your case (that you could load in your Browser in a second Tab)). And you simply make your (main) Script click on that Link at the end of its Script:
- Re: problem with using run.imacros.net to start a macro
(See the 'Click me to play' Example in that Thread/Post.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to iMacros for Chrome