Extracting a whole table in c#.net

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Extracting a whole table in c#.net

by Jeenius on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to extract historical price data for a stock that I will display in a .Net forms application using c#. (using the http://finance.yahoo.com website)

I have written and tested my extraction macro and can successfully run it in the iMacros browser and when I run it in my .Net code it "succeeds" (iimPlay return code of "OK"), but when I run iimGetLastExtract, I get "#EANF#Extract. In other words, where I was expecting say 50 rows worth of data, I got nothing back.

My suspicion is that iimGetLastExtract() can't return table data. Is this correct? If not, how do I do this? I suppose I could write something to read one row at a time, but that would be disappointing.

Thanks in advance.
Russ
Jeenius

Re: Extracting a whole table in c#.net

by Jeenius on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm

I have figured it out.

I was running two macros one after the other. One to navigate to the page with the prices, the next one to extract the table. It appears that the extract was running too fast because when I put a WAIT SECONDS=1 before the extract, I got my data.
Jeenius

Return to iMacros Component for .NET