question: is there a simple way to search HTML for a string

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

question: is there a simple way to search HTML for a string

by awakebutnot on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:02 pm

i want to run a macro, then check if a condition exists when i reach a certain point in the macro. i understand how to use the condition operators, but what if i want to check for the condition that the CURRENT PAGE contains a specific string, called, say string x. let x = "the text i'm looking for in the HTML page". specifically, checking this text verifies some things for me but also it becomes useful in certain contexts, such as "did i successfully log in?" and i can add error handling ect.

a brief code snippet giving a simple .vbs example would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Austin Barnes
awakebutnot

sorry, i found the solution on my own.

by awakebutnot on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:09 pm

for future reference, i used google.com to search your site, using the following query:

"site:iopus.com search"

(no quotes)

it was the third result:

http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/index.htm ... eyword.htm

Thanks anyway!
Austin
awakebutnot

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping