SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros Firefox add-on.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
imjosh

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Post by imjosh » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:41 am

Is there any workaround to setting the timeout page less than 1 second?

I have a series of URLs that look like this:

www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_1

and when visiting these URLs, i get redirected to

www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_2

i am only interested in copying the second URL, so I am not interested in waiting for the page to load at all. I have over 100,000 of these URLs, so the difference between 1 second and 0.1seconds is quite significant, and I know that only fractions of a second are required for this task.
chivracq

Re: SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE - Less than 1 second?

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 am

imjosh wrote:Is there any workaround to setting the timeout page less than 1 second?

I have a series of URLs that look like this:

http://www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_1

and when visiting these URLs, i get redirected to

http://www.websitename.com/ID_type_Style_2

i am only interested in copying the second URL, so I am not interested in waiting for the page to load at all. I have over 100,000 of these URLs, so the difference between 1 second and 0.1seconds is quite significant, and I know that only fractions of a second are required for this task.
CIM...! :mrgreen:

Posting in the iMacros for FF Sub-Forum, so I guess you must be using iMacros for FF...? (Why is it so complicated for most Users to read the Forum Rules and mention their FCI...!? :roll: )
=> Answer to your Qt: No, Min-Setting for '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' is 1 sec..., AFAIK...
'!TIMEOUT_STEP' accepts Decimal Values for the Setting I think, even if the Wiki only mentions Integers, (not directly, but when set from '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', divided by 6, I did the Test, a few years ago...), or 'WAIT' yep for sure, but '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' only Integers... (>0)

=> You could hack the Add-on and change the Def for '!TIMEOUT'/'!TIMEOUT_PAGE', copy it from 'WAIT', and/or divide your Set of 100,000 URL's to run in 50 Macros/FF-Profiles at the same time..., done in 6 hours...! OK, +2 hours to create the 50 FF-Profiles (Tot = 8h), or +4 hours to hack the Add-on, ah-ah...!, but 0.1 sec sounds risky to me, you will be getting lots of Errors, I would think...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 pm

did you try?

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 0.1
VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX, WIN7 64-bit SK, Pale Moon 25.8.1(x86)
FCIM here http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3331
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Cobra99 wrote:did you try?

Code: Select all

SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 0.1
Ah-ah...!, did you try yourself...!? :oops:

=> RuntimeError:
BadParameter: !TIMEOUT must be positive integer, line 2 (Error code: -911)
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM 26.1.1 (=FF44), Win10-x64.)

I ran your exact Command, with '!TIMEOUT_PAGE', funny to see that the RuntimeError still mentions '!TIMEOUT', but it's the same Command, defined in the Add-on only once, with 2 Names... (But I knew already, I had already tried a few years ago, oops...!)
And if using '!ERRORIGNORE', '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' then automatically reverts to the Default Setting of 60 Sec, or whatever Value is set in the Options...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cobra99

Post by Cobra99 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:57 pm

chivracq wrote: Ah-ah...!, did you try yourself....
I did not
onian1

Post by onian1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:16 am

!TIMEOUT_STEP is 1/10 of !TIMEOUT_PAGE by default. so if you want it to be less that a second set !TIMEOUT_PAGE to less than 10 and do not set !TIMEOUT_STEP
E.G.
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1 = !TIMEOUT_STEP 0.1