need help?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

need help?

by mikemikeee on Fri May 25, 2018 1:30 am

Hey guys,

My Specs:
Firefox Version: 47.0.1
iMacro Version: 8.9.7

(I hope that's all you need?)

My Problem:

I'm trying to make a Twitter Retweet iMacro, and the weirdest thing is happening. So here's a Tweet:

https://twitter.com/jjuanusa/status/749885664204816384

In order to retweet this sonofabitch you have to click twice. First you click the Retweet icon there, and then a little popup appears, where you click Retweet, and the tweet gets retweeted.

My problem is with the first click that has to be made.

Now, for this tweet (having 10 retweets at the moment), this line of code works:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet<SP>10

However, I need a line that works universally for any tweet. I have tried the following until now:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet<SP>*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TITLE:Retweet

NONE works. WTF? The asterisk * is supposed to be a universal switcher, and should have worked!!

Can anyone help? I can't believe I'm stuck on this.

Thanks a lot
mikemikeee

Re: need help?

by chivracq on Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 am

mikemikeee wrote:Hey guys,

My Specs:
Code: Select all
Firefox Version: 47.0.1
iMacro Version: 8.9.7

(I hope that's all you need?)

My Problem:

I'm trying to make a Twitter Retweet iMacro, and the weirdest thing is happening. So here's a Tweet:

https://twitter.com/jjuanusa/status/749885664204816384

In order to retweet this sonofabitch you have to click twice. First you click the Retweet icon there, and then a little popup appears, where you click Retweet, and the tweet gets retweeted.

My problem is with the first click that has to be made.

Now, for this tweet (having 10 retweets at the moment), this line of code works:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet<SP>10

However, I need a line that works universally for any tweet. I have tried the following until now:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet<SP>*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Retweet
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TITLE:Retweet

NONE works. WTF? The asterisk * is supposed to be a universal switcher, and should have worked!!

Can anyone help? I can't believe I'm stuck on this.

Thanks a lot

Your Thread Title is completely "useless" and needs to be Descriptive about the Content... :idea:

But hum, Tweet/Retweet, I don't help for Social Media...

Your first Attempt looks correct to me though, but you probably have to adapt the 'POS' Number now as the Page probably contains some "hidden" Elements... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: need help?

by access2vivek on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:57 am

After spending about 20 minutes to find a way to Retweet a tweet, I came up with the following:-

TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=data-modal:ProfileTweet-retweet

As of today, this is working correctly. If however, there is a change in the UI in the future, the above command might not be supported.
access2vivek

Return to iMacros for Firefox