extract script using REGEXP=Source failed

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Firefox Add-on, including the built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: extract script using REGEXP=Source failed

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 am

rajtak wrote:I want to save only the clean data in both instances and do not need the Original content. If I use ADD !EXTRACT it saves both original and clean data. Please let me know how to set temp var?
I gave you all Explanation already twice or thrice, check the Wiki about 'SET' and 'ADD' and experiment a bit by yourself if you still don't understand..., I don't know how I can explain better, sorry...! :roll:

Those 2 Commands are completely Basic-Basic Functionality, and you've been using iMacros since 2009, hallo!, wake up a bit...! How can you "manage Projects" if you don't understand A=B and A+B and B+A...!? Sorry, I don't get it... :shock:
(I'm a "just" a DJ in my "real Life" if that can "inspire" you to get a little bit more "motivated" to understand "Things"... :idea: )

You started your Thread about 'REGEXP' that I find pretty complex for myself to be honest, and have always tried to avoid..., but you don't understand a simple A+B Operation...!? :?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
rajtak

Post by rajtak » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am

Thank you for your reply. I will try to figure out the solution you have given and will get back to you.
Thanks,
Raj
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm

rajtak wrote:Thank you for your reply. I will try to figure out the solution you have given and will get back to you.
Yeah, experiment a bit with those 2 Commands, you have full Control on the Content of '!EXTRACT' and you'll be saving in which Column and in which Order...

With 'SET' only (+ 'EVAL()') you actually already have full Control as well, but 'ADD' is a "smart" Command that, when used on a "standard" Var (=> '!VARn') will try to identify if the Content is a Number or a String and will then perform an arithmetic '+' or '-' Operation (Addition or Subtraction) or a String Concatenation, but when used on the 'special" '!EXTRACT' Var, will add the new Content in an extra Col (for the 'SAVEAS'), exactly like if you were doing another 'TAG' + 'EXTRACT'...

(It ('ADD') sometimes goes "wrong" with Numbers, that then end up being concatenated like Strings, => '8+3' => "83" (instead of "11") and '8-3' => "8-3" (instead of "5", '-0' for example never works (Bug), => '8-0' always gives "8-0" (instead of "8"), (and that also sometimes happens inside 'EVAL()' as well, then you need to make sure to convert Strings to Numbers), but 'ADD' works perfectly on '!EXTRACT', even with an empty String, which can be "handy" sometimes if you want to add an empty Cell/Column in the 'SAVEAS'... :D )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...