How to clear the Cache for IMacros

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
hosspika

How to clear the Cache for IMacros

Post by hosspika » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Hello,
I am working with VBA/Excel and have an IMacro that first scrapes info off of a logged on website and then imports the data into an Excel Spreadsheet. What is supposed to happen next is the user presses a button and a different macro is supposed to use the information previously extracted to enter the data into another website using a different tab. However, currently the VBA code continues to use the old macro which naturally produces an error. below is the code that I am using in VBA:

VBA controls for Macro 1:
Set iim1 = CreateObject("imacros")
iret = iim1.iimInit("-silent", False)
iret = iim1.iimPlay("1Route1GetData")
(Extracted data from the macro above is pulled into an excel spreadsheet)

VBA controls for Macro2 (these controls continue to want to use the macro above and not the new one)
Dim iim2, iret
Set iim2 = CreateObject("imacros")
iret = iim2.iimInit("-silent", False)

iret = iim2.iimSet("-var_strCoapp_YN", strCoapp_YN)
iret = iim2.iimSet("-var_strHour", strHour)
iret = iim2.iimSet("-var_strMin", strMin)

iret = iim2.iimPlay("1HeliosEnterData")

I have checked the names of the macros as well as the variables and they all are good. I have cleared out the cookies and tried the refresh command with no success. The strange thing about this is that sometimes it will work, other times it won’t. Any ideas? Thank you.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: How to clear the Cache for IMacros

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

Hi,

To be honest I really don't think it can be happening... Could it be that something is triggering the 1st button?
Anyway, try iimExit at the end of the code for each button and see if it helps.

iret = iim1.iimExit()
iret = iim2.iimExit()

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
TheSnowman

Post by TheSnowman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I know that this is an old thread, but I just had a more or less similar problem, so maybe this could be helpful for somebody who finds this thread nowadays:

Make sure that the specified "Datasource" folder in your iMacros options is correct. I used to create some subfolders where I put my input files, but "Datasource" was still specified as the main folder. Unfortunately there still was an old copy of my input file in the main folder, so the macro continued using old data even though everything else seemed to be correct.

Best regards
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you for sharing this!!
Daniel, iOpus Support