iMacros Browser - Only displaying the used frame?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
SkyHigh

iMacros Browser - Only displaying the used frame?

Post by SkyHigh » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:13 am

Version: VERSION BUILD=10002738
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser: iMacros Browser V10.00.2738

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had this same issue or workaround with the iMacros Browser that I current have. On a webpage, when I submitting a form or navigating anywhere after selecting a specific frame. The iMacros browser will only open that selected frame on the browser and lose everything else.

This causes a potential issue for me in that I want to automate a submit input within Frame #3, but then I need to select something under Frame #1 afterwords without reloading the page. Because, the browser will only open up Frame #3 after I do my submission, it is unable to go back and select anything within the main frame?

If it helps, the code that I am using is below.

Code: Select all

FRAME NAME=ContentFrame
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:grvUserSummary_firstSelect_0 CONTENT=%User<SP>name
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:grvUserSummary_TextEntryFilterControlInputBox_0 CONTENT={{USERNAME}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:grvUserSummary_filterButton

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN FORM=NAME:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_Content_grvUserSummary_ctl02_clDetail
The problem I have is that the last line of that code is unable to be completed because access to that particular form is loss when once it completes the line above it of hitting submit on a different form.

This all works great when I navigate the browser manually without going to specific frames and only have this issue during the playback. I also don't have this same issue with the Firefox browser, when I run scripts there, it will always keep the main page open and not go into specific frames. However, firefox does a couple other things differently that the iMacros browser does correctly for me. So it would be preferred if I could resolve this issue and use the iMacros browser for this.

Has anyone encountered this issue with the iMacros browser and have a workaround or suggestion?

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!