Re: Scripting Interface and Alternatives

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Scripting Interface and Alternatives

Post by chivracq » Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 am

EDIT:
OP was a Fake Post (C&P from some older Thread...) from a Fake User/Spammer and has been deleted... 8)
Keeping the rest of the Thread as I still gave some (relevant) Answer... 8)

>>>
vinaad wrote:Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just posted a new thread but for some reason, it does not appear on the forum...

I'm using

Code: Select all

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Build officiel) (64 bits) on 
Windows 10 - 1803 in french and using 
10.0.2  build of iMacros.
My question is simple : I'm currently using a free version of iMacros. Can I use the scripting interface without paying or is it mandatory to upgrade for that? (I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code and I don't find a solution)...

Thanks by advance for your help.
vinaad.
Yep, normal that your Post doesn't appear on the Forum, must first be approved by me or the Forum Admin to prevent Spam..., now you can post "freely"... :wink:

Answer to your Q is "NO", it's not Free, the Scripting Interface is only included in the Enterprise Edition (costs about 400$-500$ I think...), but hum, is more for VB/C++/C#/Python/etc... doesn't really work with JavaScript either, unless you know of some "external" JS Compiler/Runtime Engine...
But the (Free) iMacros for FF Add-on can run '.js' Scripts written in JavaScript, and you can use most Commands used in the Scripting Interface as well...! :idea:

But if you mention what you want to achieve exactly we might still be able to help you, it is completely possible to achieve a High Level of Conditional Behaviour using pure '.iim', like I do myself, I don't even use '.js' Scripts...

Interesting Thread to read maybe to give you some Ideas already:
- Workarounds for Conditional Logic in Macro Code

>>>

Euh..., any chance you could shorten a bit your Thread Title...?, there is a 64-Char Limit, and 60-Limit for Replies because of the "Re: ", so your Title gets completely truncated... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Can I use the scripting interface without paying or is i

Post by chivracq » Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 am

Ah-ah..., funny, Stupidoo...!, 2nd time you try to post with a Copy&Paste of some older Thread, + some "personal" Touch to make the Post/Thread look legit...
- Using scripting interface
This one looked very Legit to me, so I didn't do all my "standard" Checks..., pfff..., don't you have other "things" to do...!? :roll:

=> Thread + User being monitored, User + IP will be banned if any Spam is posted... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

Re: Can I use the scripting interface without paying or is i

Post by chivracq » Tue May 29, 2018 2:11 am

=> Thread Title expected to be shortened + Follow-up expected or the Thread will be deleted anyway (3 days...!). :idea: