Congrats and suggestion

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
buckley

Congrats and suggestion

Post by buckley » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 pm

I just discovered Imacros and it's a great product, it really is!

I got it to do some boring and repetitive task for me in a relatively short amount of time.
The functionality and the documentation are both great. I'm really going to appreciate this program I think.

Can I make 1 suggestion? Once you have recorded a macro it would be more user friendly if I could edit the macro inline and not by using notepad.
By inline I mean deleting commands in the GUI and standing on a position in the middle of the command list and start recording so that I can put some actions/corrections in the middle of the macro all within the GUI.
Editing the commands in notepad is powerful but it takes some more thought and planning.
A popup with the available commands and arguments would help too.
I have some experience with Selenium which can do this but had to abandon it because the addon only works for Firefox if I'm mistaken and I prefer a commercial product with the support

Kind Regards, Tom
Tech Support

Re: Congrats and suggestion

Post by Tech Support » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the useful suggestion! An improved editor is on our to-do list for future releases.

Until the new editor is available, I recommend to use Notepad++ with iMacros syntax highlighting.

PS: For users moving from Selenium to iMacros we created a Selenium - iMacros comparison page.