Can't type the char '.'

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cello158

Can't type the char '.'

Post by cello158 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:13 am

I am having issues in that I am unable to type the char '.' regardless of which site I am attempting to macro. Has anyone else had this issue? or know why my macros dont work?

I have tried both of these, with no results - it simply skips typing the period:

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="3"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="."
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="06"

And

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="3.06"
iimfun

Re: Can't type the char '.'

Post by iimfun » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:51 am

Once I already suggested my solution with the help of the clipboard variable. Now just repeating it for your case

Code: Select all

SET !CLIPBOARD "3.06"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEY=86 MODIFIERS="ctrl"
chivracq

Re: Can't type the char '.'

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

cello158 wrote:I am having issues in that I am unable to type the char '.' regardless of which site I am attempting to macro. Has anyone else had this issue? or know why my macros dont work?

I have tried both of these, with no results - it simply skips typing the period:

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="3"
    EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="."
    EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="06"
And

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="3.06"
CIM...! :mrgreen:
iimfun wrote:Once I already suggested my solution with the help of the clipboard variable. Now just repeating it for your case

SET !CLIPBOARD "3.06"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>SECTION>SECTION>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEY=86 MODIFIERS="ctrl"
Hum..., I'm never too keen on recommending using the OS Clipboard which should only be used when there is no other Solution/Workaround..., there is probably some "cleaner"/more straightforward Solution/Explanation, but OP will have to mention their FCI for me to do any "Digging" in this Thread...
And posting the URL of the Site would help as well... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...