Can my Activation key for version 12.5 applies to 12.6?

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
REXYIM

Can my Activation key for version 12.5 applies to 12.6?

Post by REXYIM » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi All,

As captioned, Can my personal Activation key for version 12.5 applies to 12.6? or I need to buy a new key?

i cannot activate the 12.6 after the upgrade version installed.

Thank you very much.

REX
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Originally posted by REXYIM » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:38 am (CEST)
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Can my Activation key for version 12.5 applies to 12.6?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi REXYIM,

Due to a database mishap earlier, I had to reset your forum account password and resubmit your latest post. Please use the "I forgot my password" link on the forum login page to request a new password.
REXYIM wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi All,

As captioned, Can my personal Activation key for version 12.5 applies to 12.6? or I need to buy a new key?

Thank you very much.

REX
If you had an active service agreement when iMacros 12.6 was released, then your license would have been upgraded automatically to work with that version. But if you let your service agreement (tech support + upgrades) expire, then your license will not work with 12.6. Depending on how long your service was expired, you may need to pay a reinstatement fee in order to upgrade, or you may have to purchase a new license.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
REXYIM

Post by REXYIM » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:45 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:53 pm
Hi REXYIM,

Due to a database mishap earlier, I had to reset your forum account password and resubmit your latest post. Please use the "I forgot my password" link on the forum login page to request a new password.
REXYIM wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi All,

Thank you very much.

REX
If you had an active service agreement when iMacros 12.6 was released, then your license would have been upgraded automatically to work with that version. But if you let your service agreement (tech support + upgrades) expire, then your license will not work with 12.6. Depending on how long your service was expired, you may need to pay a reinstatement fee in order to upgrade, or you may have to purchase a new license.
Dear Tom, i have no idea to check if my one has expired or not, could you help? and if i need to pay a reinstatement fee or a new license, could you provide more information on how to pay, hyperlink etc.??
thank you very much.
REXYIM

Post by REXYIM » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:38 am

Dear Tom, i have no idea to check if my one has expired or not, could you help? and if i need to pay a reinstatement fee or a new license, could you provide more information on how to pay, hyperlink etc.??
thank you very much.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:20 am

Hi REXYIM,

Sorry for the delayed reply. What type of license did you originally purchase? You mentioned "personal activation key" in your original post, does that mean you purchased the Personal Edition? If so, then you will need to purchase a new license for the latest version because the Personal Edition does not include tech support or upgrades.

Otherwise, if you own a Professional or Enterprise edition, I would recommend contacting sales to inquire about the possibility of renewing your service on the license and upgrading.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support