Zooming

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rgeno

Zooming

Post by rgeno » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 pm

New iMacros user here. I have a web page that is being displayed differently on standard aspect monitors than on their widescreen counterparts (the components I'm using in the macro aren't even present in the trunctated version!). I have tried various resizing to no avail, but have noticed that when I zoom out the web page is rebuilt with the components I need! I've searched these forums and the wiki to no avail. I have tried each recording method and none of them pick up my zooming (ctrl + / ctrl -). Has anybody successfully gotten zooming to work with IE?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Zooming

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 pm

rgeno wrote:New iMacros user here. I have a web page that is being displayed differently on standard aspect monitors than on their widescreen counterparts (the components I'm using in the macro aren't even present in the trunctated version!). I have tried various resizing to no avail, but have noticed that when I zoom out the web page is rebuilt with the components I need! I've searched these forums and the wiki to no avail. I have tried each recording method and none of them pick up my zooming (ctrl + / ctrl -). Has anybody successfully gotten zooming to work with IE?

Thanks
(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)

And try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, "Zooming" has nothing to do with "Data Extraction" I would think... The 'General' Sub-Forum would have been the correct one..., but no need to duplicate now... :roll:

Search my Posts on "Zoom", I've already done some "Digging" and posted a Solution with 'Ctrl^+/-' that should work on IE as well, if you are using iMacros for IE v11.x or later...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
rgeno

Post by rgeno » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I did try to post in the right forum. I simply failed (my end goal is data extraction, but I suppose my immediate concern is a bit more general).

I'm using iMacros Version 12.0.501.1208 Emulating IE11
The macro is currently running on Windows 10 but I'll need to run it on Windows 7 as well.

I'm using the iMacros player to execute the macro. I'm calling it via a program, I know there is an API for iMacros but I just haven't had the time to learn to use it just yet.

I did try the code you posted on another thread, but that was 4 years old and rather than resurrect such an old thread I opted to post a new one.

I have tried incorporating this line into my macro

Code: Select all

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#phpbb" CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
But I had no success. I'm not 100% certain what the selector clause does so I tried it both with and without. Is there perhaps a setting in iMacros that I need to enable to take the Keypress?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:57 pm

rgeno wrote:I did try to post in the right forum. I simply failed (my end goal is data extraction, but I suppose my immediate concern is a bit more general).

I'm using

iMacros Version 12.0.501.1208 Emulating IE11
The macro is currently running on Windows 10 but I'll need to run it on Windows 7 as well.

I'm using the iMacros player to execute the macro. I'm calling it via a program, I know there is an API for iMacros but I just haven't had the time to learn to use it just yet.

I did try the code you posted on another thread, but that was 4 years old and rather than resurrect such an old thread I opted to post a new one.

I have tried incorporating this line into my macro

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#phpbb" CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
But I had no success. I'm not 100% certain what the selector clause does so I tried it both with and without. Is there perhaps a setting in iMacros that I need to enable to take the Keypress?
OK for FCI..., and Win10 or Win7 shouldn't make a Difference...

iMB v12.0, perfect, then you can use indeed the 'EVENT' Mode and the mini-Script I had posted in that older Thread (which is already 4 years old...!?, howdie...! :oops: (Oh yeah, original Thread was indeed from 2013 before I actually joined the Forum, but I had only posted about 1 year later when I stumbled upon it one day...)) should still work...
And yep of course!, 'SELECTOR="#phpbb"' was meant for the Script to work as an Example on some Page on the Forum itself, you need to adapt it to your specific Site, but 'SELECTOR=*' (with a Wildcard) should work as well on any Site..., and indeed, yep it does...!: :D

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* CHARS="----" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
WAIT SECONDS=3
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* CHARS="0" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...