Can't get macro to go through:

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gepres

Can't get macro to go through:

Post by gepres » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:12 pm

VERSION BUILD=12.5.503.8802

<a href="#" data-linkinfo="{ "menuId": "rt",
"option": "viewReturn",
"accountSelectId": "#rtAccounts"}" title>

When i have my macro click on the link on a page (the link is the script above), it takes me to a page that notifies me that I cannot enter because I cannot access the link directly (it's a website where you have to log in and enter other information to get data). Is there a way to get through to the link? The "#" is the link and when I click on it, it says the same thing "cannot access the link directly".

Sorry if the explanation is not the best, I am new to iMacro.

Thanks
chivracq

Re: Can't get macro to go through:

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm

gepres wrote:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=12.5.503.8802

Code: Select all

<a href="#" data-linkinfo="{ "menuId": "rt",
                                    "option": "viewReturn",  
                                    "accountSelectId": "#rtAccounts"}" title>
When i have my macro click on the link on a page (the link is the script above), it takes me to a page that notifies me that I cannot enter because I cannot access the link directly (it's a website where you have to log in and enter other information to get data). Is there a way to get through to the link? The "#" is the link and when I click on it, it says the same thing "cannot access the link directly".

Sorry if the explanation is not the best, I am new to iMacro.

Thanks
I don't really understand your Explanations indeed, with no (iMacros) Script posted, no URL... (What you've posted is an Excerpt of the Source Code, not a Script...)
Give more Info, I don't understand your Pb... :oops:
But if a Site is designed that you have to provide some Login&Password when clicking manually on some Link, that will be the same with iMacros...

(And your Thread has nothing to do with 'Data Extraction' I would think and will probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum...)

Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...