Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Discussions and Tech Support related to automating the iMacros Browser or Internet Explorer from any scripting and programming language, such as VBS (WSH), VBA, VB, Perl, Delphi, C# or C++.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dwbinbhc

Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Post by dwbinbhc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm

I have iMacros Enterprise Edition v11 and need to control Chrome via Visual Basic Script.

I installed the Chrome extension and turned on access to file URLs in the extension settings. I then tried to run the sample script Connect-to-Cr.vbs. The Chrome browser starts, but iMacros never connects and I get a timeout error.

Any idea what I'm missing in my setup?

Thanks!
chivracq

Re: Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 pm

dwbinbhc wrote:I have iMacros Enterprise Edition v11 and need to control Chrome via Visual Basic Script.

I installed the Chrome extension and turned on access to file URLs in the extension settings. I then tried to run the sample script Connect-to-Cr.vbs. The Chrome browser starts, but iMacros never connects and I get a timeout error.

Any idea what I'm missing in my setup?

Thanks!
Hum, you could have opened this Thread in the 'Scripting Interface and Command Line' Sub-Forum (where this Thread will probably get moved...)
(No need to duplicate it though...)

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
"v11" is a bit "vague"...: => v11.0 / v11.1 / v11.5 for the Enterprise Edition...? (v11.5 was the "stable" Version in the v11.x Product Line...)
OS...?
iMacros for CR + CR Versions...? (+ if using v10.0.x for CR, mention as well 'Free'/'PE' Version...?, and if 'FIO' Module installed...?)

"timeout error" is a bit vague..., can't you post the exact Error...?

Script used...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:37 am

And...!?, any Follow-up maybe...?, 3 years later... :shock: , as you happen to be checking the Forum right now, ah-ah...!? :P :idea:

Hum, and you had never reacted, so I never asked the Forum Admin to move that Thread to the 'SI & CLI' Sub-Forum... Will do that now..., even if the Thread is/was of pretty Low-Qlt, but anyway... :|

>>>

EDIT [2021-07-16]: For Info, I moved the Thread to the 'Scripting Interface' Sub-Forum... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...